Finding perimeter of hatch

Hi,

I've got several large solid hatch objects and I was wondering if there was a way that I can find out the perimeters of these objects?

It'll save me quite a bit of time from drawing a boundary around each hatch and finding out that way!

This will prompt you to select a hatch, recreate and associate the boundary, and select it so you can view the resultant Polyline's length property:

(defun c:RecreateBoundary (/ ss)
 (if (setq ss (ssget ":S:E:L" '((0 . "HATCH"))))
   (progn
     (command "._-hatchedit" ss "_b" "_p" "_y")
     (sssetfirst nil (ssget "_L"))
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

Be mindful of hatches with multiple inner/outer loops.

Cheers

Or do it without code:

Hey Rob, I thought you were showing us something specific to MEP, as I have never needed that,

nor noticed that it is in the Vanilla Hatch dialog, pretty cool, thanks! :beer:

I've been bitten by the MEP bug before. Funny thing is, I don't use the MEP aspect of it. Yes, I draw MEP, but only with linework. Since I've been here, this company has always had the verticals. It was a highly customized ADT when I started in 2002. It's only been recently that our major projects have gone primarily 3D and we are using Revit for that. You would think that the 2D stuff would be the same in vanilla and MEP but there are a few subtle differences that sneak up and give me a little bite every now and then.