layer state manager

SIDRIX

Hello, I would like finally understand how to properly use the layer state manager. In the first moment it seems simple, I save a stile via save button in my model space, then for example I make some modifications (freeze, thaw) with the layer states in some other layout viewports. But then I want to restore everything as I saved it with the save button, but it seems that they don't restore back.

It looks that my modifications are automatically saved on my saved layer state.

I just want to save layer states and after messing around layout viewports get back that state that I had. Look that I'm missing some fundamental understanding how this thing works. Can someone give me instruction how to do it right?

And one more question, when I push the save button the layer st. dialog box automatically closes, Its annoying if I experiment and do that a lot. How to keep the box on?

Thank you

I will be great full for your help.

After thinking a lot and experimenting, trying to read some, I finally understood. When I restore a layer state it applies to model and all layouts, but not to layout viewports!!! To change only a viewport state I must enter that viewport and select a layer state that is a layout kind of state (not model) saved in a viewport. So if I have many layouts and different viewports I must have a saved layer state for each of them. Simple but it so took much energy to understand this.

Would be nice if there was a chance to change saved states for model, layouts and layout viewports with one click. Is there a way?

I never use layer states, so not to sure how it would work, but I would imagine it is possible using macro's, it is certainly an option in the command line version of the layer manager to change to a named layer state, so at least in theory you should be able to have a toolpalette or toolbar button set up for each layer state.