Data extraction of total area and sub-areas

MrLeX

Hello everyone,

First time posting in CADTutor but long time reader. I tried to find an answer to my question before posting but unfortunatly I was not able to find it.

What I need to do is extract to excel the sum of multiple region's area and then I have smaller regions inside the main region that I need to extract as a sub section.

If you look at my dwg, each color represents a region. I need to extract the total sum of the regions. As for the "blue" region, there is 4 sub-region, I need to extract the total area for the entire blue region and then have each sub-region extracted separatly with the area.

Sorry if this sounds complicated or not clear, I'll try to simplify if needed.

*EDIT*: Some new information on the subject, is there a way for this to be dynamic? Some areas might change with time and we might have to delete or add some regions depending on the needs of the client. Is this possible or would it be easier to simply extract each region's area and then sort it out manually in excel?

Thanks a lot for your help.

*SOLVEd*: Decided to go with a block containing only attributes and a field attribute for the total area. I then do a data extraction and I format my excel sheet to my wishes. It's not automated but at least it does what I need to do. Thanks to all :)

Bloc Plan (2).dwg

Edited by MrLeX

The areas appear to be the plines as boundary, I did not dig to deep into your drawing, these can be totalled via lisp your using MEP so not sure. What about "dataextraction"

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I have never used MEP, so not sure what special tools may be available in it.

I suggest you check out Lee Mac's excellent website, as he has a bunch of lisps specifically dealing with AREA issues.

This one may not be the most appropriate for this task, but you should certainly check it out, and Lee's others there.

http://www.lee-mac.com/arealabel.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Thank you very much for your replies, I did find the area tools on lee-mac's website. Although they are very handy, they're not quite what I am looking for. I'll still use it for the time being till I find my way with lisp.

Thanks again for your help

Sincerly,

MrLeX