Stretch

buttonbutton

can someone please help ... I need to stretch the whole of this drawing on the y axis.. is that even possible ? I am trying to use the whole of the paper space to show clarity in the detail ..G.jpg

yes but its just for illustration purposes the length of the area on display is 28k ! I just wondered if there some way of showing this better

can someone please help ... I need to stretch the whole of this drawing on the y axis.. is that even possible ? I am trying to use the whole of the paper space to show clarity in the detail ..

If you're talking about the model space in the viewport as long as it's an insertion of some kind you can scale the x & y differently in properties. It would look strange though. I'd use two horizontal viewports at a smaller scale with a matchline to show clarity.

You may need to explain more what you're looking for.

I would second the suggestion above re: two viewports. Scaling in one direction is totally not a good idea. You may even be able to get away with three rectangular viewports stacked one upon the other. I'd include a scalebar too .

I am trying to show the full route on one sheet .. I would ideally like to have the viewport image Y axis at a scale to approx. x 3 of the X axis .. I know it wouldn't be to proper scale and it would look strange but just "wondered" how to best present this information on one the one sheet. and if there was an alternative to two viewports .....

My feeling is that as the background is a map, it would be completely unrecognisable with a 3 times Y scaling, and that would defeat the purpose of your exercise.

Far better to split it into several viewports, and include a smaller overall picture.

If you know it would look strange why would you do it? Is this for your own use or are other people going to be viewing this map? I can only imagine what others might think about your CAD drafting skills if you presented them with a map that was not uniformly scaled in both the X and Y directions.

I've used different X and Y scales before but never for a plan view. It believe it was for road contours and I did it manually. Doing it in a viewport is not possible.

Edited by RobDraw

We do long roads and just have a master plan with a nice standout colored line at a big scale then have multiple viewports at larger detail scale.

I would not do the example you have posted but for something else just make a block change Y scale and explode but it will do all sorts of weird things to stuff like text. We do this sometimes on our road cross sections to remove the 1:100&1:50 to be both 1:100.

BIGAL: So you are or are not recommending that the OP increase the Y scale three times that of the X scale? Which is it? Personally I think it is a rather dumb idea.