This is the Weirdest File I've Ever Seen

resullins

Help. I've posted a file in this post. It's downloaded from one of our manufacturers, whom we have used files from in the past.

There is supposedly geometry in the model space, but I can't find it. Don't judge me until you try this thing. The viewports are invisible, and I can't turn them on.

I clicked inside a viewport to copy one of the blocks, when I go to paste it into a different drawing, there's nothing there.

When I click inside the VP and try to explode the block, nothing happens. It doesn't tell me I can't explode the block. Just NOTHING HAPPENS.

Seriously. I can't figure this out. Someone tell me I'm just missing something weird.

Update: Too big to upload... here's the Dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4eof7o70h3o0e2a/AAB2Rf7IV4nnLarG-LHxZPkha?dl=0

Also, just to add, a buddy of mine tried to open it, and it said something about Inventor, and he couldn't even open it (with the same AutoCAD 2015 that I used).

I would guess someone used the viewbase command and called an inventor file for the command. You won't be able to do much with that file.

Edit: Actually you can use the exportlayout command and have 2d geometry you can work with.

In AutoCAD, it shows up on the Case Dimensions Layout.

The image that I displayed earlier is from Inventor.

The Inventor drawing can be exported as an Inventor DWG file or and AutoCAD DWG file.

I looked at the website that was on your original drawing post and downloaded the dwg and saved it from a read only to 2007 dwg.

Profcad is correct it's been created in Inventor and saved as an inventor dwg.

Gazza