Dashed and dotted lines - WYSI-N-WYG

Randolph

Hi Forum,

my question may sound quite stupid - but to tell the truth, this issue has been nerving me for years.

I have a simple 2D plan with dashed and dotted lines. In model view, these look just fine. In the layouts, the size of the dashes respectively the distance of the dots will appear somehow different. And if you plot them as PDF, they may again appear differently.

I set PSLTSCALE and LTSCALE both to 1. I tried every Checkbox and global variable I know. In most cases, I ended up with setting something to some value which in the PDF looks right. Of course, in the model, it won't.

PLEASE: How to set up a drawing SYSTEMATICALLY, that will just show dashed and dotted lines the way I draw them!?

Thanks, Ralph

Referring to http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?36798-In-layouts-my-dashed-lines-are-solid-lines

Do you have a Linetype-scale set on your individual lines?

In general, I say have LTSCALE to 1, no Linetypescaling on the lines and stuff usually works. The trick can also be to use linetypes that work well together. Linetypes can be created to be very varying in size so if you don't have two that play nice, then stuff will look weird.

Thank you Tiger, but:

That's the point, it does NOT work.

And it's a problem also with a single dashed linetype:

It just won't appear in model, layout and plot the same size.

Say 1 have a door 1 m wide in reality.

So I draw 100 units for 100 cm.

The opening of the door should have say - 10 dashes.

In the model, you can Count 10 dashes.

In the layout, it may be 1 or 100 dashes.

Maybe the problem is in the scaling of the Mviews?

That's why I meant: "systematically" ... and not try and error ...

Yeah, that's why I said it usually works. But as you said, there are plenty of places that linetype scales can be messed up.

Is this a consistent problem? Every drawing you have does the same? Only this dashed linetype? All others look correct?

in the layout try setting your "PSLTSCALE" to 0

you will have to switch between layouts to see the difference

2nd the method PSLTSCALE 0 equals what you see in model space. Also to get 10 dashes you must have a linetype that has correct equal spacing for LTSCALE=1

eg Road line type at 1;200 3m long

*EQUAL200,_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A,3.0,-3.0