Insert blocks on multiple layers simultaneously

autocadstarter

Dear forum members,

I make lay-outs of buildings and have to add blocks inside these layouts.

I add each block in 4 different layers so i have all the blocks in 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees depending on which layers i freeze. The purpose for this is when i rotate the layout the blocks turn with it but than i can just unfreeze the corresponding layer and the blocks are readable again.

But it costs a lot of time to add each block on 4 different layers on the same place with for each layer the corresponding rotation of the block. I hope someone has a solution so I can add a block on four layers simultaneously. Even better would be if the block is added on the four layers simultenously but for every layer the block gets a different degree of rotation.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Batch file. I assume you have ACAD 2013 and above

@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
FOR %%f IN ("X:\DRAWINGS\*.dwg") DO "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\[b]YOUR ACAD VERSION[/b]\accoreconsole.exe" /i "%%f" /s "X:\YOUR_SCRIPT.scr" /l en-US

just add ythe block location in your Support File Search Path thru Options before running.

YOUR_SCRIPT.scr below

-INSERT
C:\blocks\VAL_GATE.DWG <-YOUR BLOCK NAME AND LOCATION
0,0,0 <-INSERTION POINT
1 <-YOUR SCALE
90 <-YOUR ROTATION
QSAVE

Put the drawings and bat file in the same location.

Put the script on your local drive (anywhere).

You can have as many as you like just use SSget to build a block list use copyclip to make a copy and then paste on another layer. A couple of little hiccups to take into account as the block is rotated it will move slightly unless it has a central insert point. Bit busy at moment will see if I can find time to provide a solution.

How about making a block of the four blocks each on the appropriate layer? That block can then be exploded upon insertion.

First of all thanks for the quick responses!

I have ACAD 2014 but I'm not an expert so i will read about every solution or term you guys write to understand and try if the solution works.

The code solutions seems a little hard but if it turns out to be the solution i will learn it.

I will read about SSget as well and the hiccup of the rotation around it's insertion point I already experienced with my current approach but if thats the only problem of the solution i have no problem changing each block's insertion point.

The solution of RobDraw looks quite simple but I have never made a block that consists of multiple layers but will try that.

I don't have enough knowledge of ACAD to tell which solution is the best or easiest but i will try every solution but if you guys can agree on the best or easiest method in the meantime that would be great.

Thanks for the help and please keep that enthusiasm to help other people learn more about ACAD.

Make one block with a copy of the objects on each of 4 layers, rotated as needed before creating the block. insert it and manipulate the layers as needed.

You guys are awesome!

The first solution i tried (the multiple layer block) is easy and works perfect so far!

I have no doubt the other solutions will work as well but because this works exactly how I had hoped i will keep this solution if it keeps working as it does now.

I will test it some more in the coming days to see if there are any hiccups where you guys can help me with but so far it is perfect.

Thank you!