RlxIso - Draw IsoMetric Dimensions

rlx

In responce to econeo from entmake donut thread

You wanted to see my isometric dimensioning program , well than , here it is.

I saw my colleages using ccp (cut copy paste) their dimensions so i decided to give them a hand (no not in that way you dirty ...)

And just for the fun of it I wanted to be able to draw and use my own interface. Thats why I made a drawing , took a slide from that drawing and used that for my user interface. Not unlike the age of the digitizers.

Be aware that all the dimensioning settings and textheight etc are hard coded because I wrote it specifically for my colleages here at Sabic. And we work in millimeters rather than inches.

Hope you like

gr. Rlx

RlxIso.DCL

RlxIso.LSP

RlxIso.dwg

RlxIso.sld

RlxIso.png

• Like 2

Its been almost a year so my own knowledge maybe al litte rusty ;-)

But in general i first made a drawing of my interface, but is has to be on a certain grid (see RlxIso.dwg) , hence the scale line around the drawing

Then I go to paperspace so i can make a slide using a mview for fixed size. In this case you can see i have a grid of 13 collumns and 14 rows (in the lisp file represented bij RlxIso-Col and RlxIso-Row in the sub RlxIso_init).

In subfuction RlxIso_Dialog i read the image coordinates and pass them to RlxIso_ReadMainImagePickPoint. If you remove the ; before the alert function every time you click on the image you get a dialog box telling you which cell you clicked. I also have the test function RlxIso_ShowGrid. If you remove the ; in subfunction RlxIso_InitDialog you get to see the entire grid.

The rest is handeld by RlxIso_ReadMainImagePickPoint , by the cond function. It simply says , if you clicked cel 15,16,28,29 (15+RlxIso-Col=15+13= 28 ) then do a setvar (but keep displaying image) and in other cases you want the dialog to terminate and thats where the done-dialogs are for. I will post another example shortly

gr.Rlx

RlxIso2.jpg

Are the grid numbers relative to the actual coordinates or did you come up with your own?

I'm baffled by this! I've NEVER seen anything like this for AutoCAD!

For image_button DCL tiles, the coordinates are in pixel units with x-values increasing from left-to-right & y-values increasing from top-to-bottom.

FWIW, personally I prefer to use vectors over slide files (for ease of distribution / more control over the display) - here are a couple of examples of such interfaces:

Justify Base Point

Logistic Map

Nice work rlx :thumbsup:

Hi Lee , well you're right about the vectors but they such a pain in the ..., well you know where. My goal was to draw whatever you like , make a slide from it , put a virtual grid on it and be done with it. In such a way anybody can quickly make his own interface. I can probably write my own dwg2vector routine if i'd wish to do so but again this was not my initial intension.

Anywayz thanx again for input Lee , much appriciated as allways , i will have a look at your examples. Hope I have enough time this weekend , me and the whitch , oh excuse me , my lovely lady , have to go some places you know haha.

Gr.Rlx

Are the grid numbers relative to the actual coordinates or did you come up with your own?

I'm baffled by this! I've NEVER seen anything like this for AutoCAD!

I like to think out of the box now and again :-) By changing RlxIso-Row and -Col you can change the resolution of the grid. If you say 10 x 10 then you would have 100 cells which you can give each its own action , if you say 20 x 20 you can have 400 actions etc. But I decided not to go over the top with this one.

Gr.Rlx

Edited by rlx

For image_button DCL tiles, the coordinates are in pixel units with x-values increasing from left-to-right & y-values increasing from top-to-bottom.

FWIW, personally I prefer to use vectors over slide files (for ease of distribution / more control over the display) - here are a couple of examples of such interfaces:

Justify Base Point

Logistic Map

Nice work rlx :thumbsup:

jip , beautifully and briljant (vector) program Lee , I'm pretty impressed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

It is odd because this used to work for me. But now it gives me an error:

Command: (LOAD "V:/AutoCAD/Lisp/RlxIso.LSP")

RlxIso v0.9 - Draw isometric dimensions & entities - RLX 27 nov 2014RLXISO_SETDIMSTYLE&ARROW

Command: RLXISO

VVC: Internal Error

Any ideas?

Thanks.

It is odd because this used to work for me. But now it gives me an error:

Command: (LOAD "V:/AutoCAD/Lisp/RlxIso.LSP")

RlxIso v0.9 - Draw isometric dimensions & entities - RLX 27 nov 2014RLXISO_SETDIMSTYLE&ARROW

Command: RLXISO

VVC: Internal Error

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi Iconeo ,

Never heard of this error but a quick google learns het could have something to do with AutoCad 2015 (here at work we still work with 2012) and you should replace (command) with (command-s) because of some changes 'they' made to autocad / lisp :

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/autocad-2015-reports-vvc-internal-error-tip9996

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2015/ENU/index.html?url=files/GUID-5C9DC003-3DD2-4770-95E7-7E19A4EE19A1.htm,topicNumber=d30e354832

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?86414-VVC-internal-error-WC-Internal-error-Autocad-2015

Hope this helps

gr. Rlx

Edited by rlx

I had the same issue as Iconeo,

then I opened up the .lsp with notepad ctrl+h, replaced all

(command

with

(command-s

and it works now.

Thank you for these awesome routines, Rlx!

Grrr said:
I had the same issue as Iconeo,

then I opened up the .lsp with notepad ctrl+h, replaced all

(command

with

(command-s

and it works now.

Thank you for these awesome routines, Rlx!

Your welcome Grrr , always nice to get some feedback 🙂

Think it's kinda ironic I (almost) never ever use this app myself because most of the time I work with simple electrical diagrams.

Gr. Rlx

Edited by rlx