Survey drawing on Civil Cad

kelvscc92

Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to CivilCad and would like to learn more about this software. Currently, I'm experiencing one the problems - which is to create survey drawing by importing Ascii file to the CivilCad. Apparently, i have done importing but i have no ideas how to actually utilize the function of linework code sets and survey points stuff. When i saw most of the tutorial videos, once they imported, the survey drawing actually generated with all the lines, while mine is only with tons of points instead. I will upload the ascii in txt format as a reference for you guys and your help issss soo much appreciated. Please be noted the the arrangement is (PNEZD). The D so called description is code at number as per surveyor works.:D:D

try for survey.txt

I've not used CivilCAD but couldn't you issue a LINE or POLYLINE command at the beginning of that .txt file and then copy / paste the contents or drag it into the drawing?

Organic - i'm trying to import ASCII (or TXT) file to Civil cad for survey drawing

SAFeSTeR - um...im kind of new..do you mind to show me ? that would be great help

CivilCAD is a program by Sivan Design that works within AutoCAD Bricscad and ZWCAD. Your profile says you are using Civil 3D which is an AutoDesk vertical program. So, which is it? If you are using CivilCAD then change your profile.

CivilCAD

http://sivandesign.com/products/civilcad

Civil 3D

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-civil-3d/overview

ReMark - Sorry, it was my mistake. It should be Civil 3D as my profile stated not CivilCAD.

I apologize to everyone regarding my mistakes. Does anyone how to do the requested stuff by using Civil 3D ? That would be helpful ! :)

Ex state dealer CIVILCAD say no more. Kelvsc22 confirm Topcon or not.

We may have spoken on the phone before if you used to be involved in the NSW engineering support calls :?

Kelsvcc92 you need a DWT that matches the area you are in, simplest is metric or Feet, all of the librrary functions are critical for the automatic generation of line work, whats contourable, breaklines etc. Where are you in the world, ask nicely and someone may have a DWT that you can use.

Your file is ok but you need a library to match the descriptions.

ScreenShot006.jpg