Automatically Multiply User Input by a Constant

nmorabowen

I was wondering if there is any way to write some code that automatically multiply the user input by a default constant.

For example, lets say I want to multiply everything by a constant. The idea is that after I run any command, if I input any length, the length that is drawn is the length * constant.

Thanks

Thanks for the response.

Sometimes I have to edit details that are drawn with a specific scale in the model space. So in order to facilitate the processes I was wondering if there is a way to always multiply the user input by a value.

For example, lets say that there is a detail that is drawn in 1:15. I have to multiply every distance in the model space by 6.66.... It would be a lot easier if that constant (6.66...) could be multiplied automatically.

• 6 months later...
Thanks for the response.

Sometimes I have to edit details that are drawn with a specific scale in the model space. So in order to facilitate the processes I was wondering if there is a way to always multiply the user input by a value.

For example, lets say that there is a detail that is drawn in 1:15. I have to multiply every distance in the model space by 6.66.... It would be a lot easier if that constant (6.66...) could be multiplied automatically.

I have the same scenario here. We do work for a plant that requires some if it's details be drawing in model space only, scaled down to fit in a standard titleblock, meaning I have to draw it at the smaller scale. What I do is scale the entire drawing up from base point 0,0,0 then do my work and scale it back down at base point 0,0,0. It only takes a second but makes the work so much easier.

Good luck