Flexible assembly within an assembly

zakkzoot

Hi,

I'm struggling with a certain task im trying to model.

Basically I have two structures (kind of moveable folding scaffold towers) for our production team.

Both structures are Identical and are being put into a main assembly as I wish to show them working independently and also, whilst being able to be locked together to create a gantry type structure.

My problem is. In the individual assembly, all parts move freely, mates all work correctly. and works beautifully.

I then pull it into another assembly ( so an assembly within a new assembly) and I I make it flexible, and all still work great.

Then when I bring another one (same assembly) the 2nd assembly will not move flexible like the first, checked all mates, and all the tree, and everything is identical, yet the first assembly I imported still moves perfectly fine, whilst the identical second one doesn't move at all.

I've also tried saving the assembly twice. one as "Gantry structure" and the other as "Gantry Structure 2", and brought two differently named assemblies in, just incase there was some conflict with the two files being the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Zakk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...