Draftsight (didn't know where to post this thread)

koog

Hi there,

I have been using Autocad for twenty odd years and Draftsight for about five.

We have used ROMAND text as our default text for over twenty years - it's on thousands of our drawings.

Since using Draftsight I have noticed that this ROMAND text now prints out `hollow' i.e not filled. I have used FILLMODE and TEXTFILL commands to try to remedy the situation to no avail.

Could someone help please?

A quick test using Draftsight and creating a new textstyle using the Romand font did not encounter any problems here.

Perhaps it is a printer driver issue.

A quick test using Draftsight and creating a new textstyle using the Romand font did not encounter any problems here.

Perhaps it is a printer driver issue.

You're right. I 've just printed using a PDF printer and the text is fine.

Now how to fix the printer issue....

BTW...the Draftsight system variable that controls whether or not printed text is filled is called SETTXTPRNFILL. The default is 1. It would have to be reset to "0" to print text that is not filled.

Yeah that's right, all my Draftsight settings are set to normal. The text should be printing out solid, but it's not. I reckon I'm going to have to set the printer to print true type fonts.

Strange then that it took this long to notice the problem.

We did notice the problem at the time. This is the first real opportunity we've had to try and fix it.