Break at a point always

rock1

I'm trying to do a break command which always breaks at a point. I don't want to use LISP. I placed an asterisk (*) at the start (change ^C^C_break \_f \@ to *^C^C_break \_f \@)

I read this at this page

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?65049-break-at-point-(repeated)

But unfortunately this thing is not working for me. What should I do?

I never want break at two points to happen whenever I type BR , enter.

I always want to break the line at a point.

The command called by the alias BR is always the core command and cannot be altered (except maybe by LISP), the method shown in that link will work when you use the menu or toolbar to start the command.

EDIT Dadgad's version is much cleaner +1

The command called by the alias BR is always the core command and cannot be altered (except maybe by LISP), the method shown in that link will work when you use the menu or toolbar to start the command.

EDIT Dadgad's version is much cleaner +1

No credit to me, but thanks Steven, that was an old tip from Lynn Allen's blog, which I liked and took onboard.

Thanks Lyn! :beer:

I have taken a screenshot of how the command looks in my CUI.

Works great.

Now I modified my existing break command using your thing. If I always click the toolbar button for break, the command never asks for a point to break, it breaks nearby where I click the object that has to be broken. Should I make a new command and a toolbar button for that?

I think it is a better idea to create a copy of the BREAK icon on your modify toolbar or panel, and change the bitmap (icon) a bit from the stock one.

This link will show you how Lynn suggests doing it.

http://lynn.blogs.com/lynn_allens_blog/2012/01/an-autocad-hip-tip-on-speeding-up-the-break-command.html

I know how to make custom toolbars and buttons. But that's not my requirement. What I need is a custome keyboard shortcut via editing the .pgp file. What I have seen is the command breaks the line or object at a point which is nearby where I click with my square shaped cursor. I don't get a crosshair to point out the precise point where I need to perform the break. What should I do? And the command works through toolbar only. If I use my keyboard, the command asks for me to specify a second breakpoint always instead of the only point and I get is a break at two points not at "one" point. What should I do?

You can not alter the core command, and command alias's only work for core commands, so what you want to do, can not be done. The closest you could get to that would be alter the macro in the CUI, so as already discussed, then copy that command to the shortcutkeys menu in the CUI and from there assign a keyboard shortcut to the command, but that has the added limitation of only working in combination with using the shift or control key. Or use LISP.

What I have seen is the command breaks the line or object at a point which is nearby where I click with my square shaped cursor.

That's not quite correct. It breaks exactly where you select. You can use object snaps when selecting the object that you want to break.

Glad this issue has been raised, it's been on my mind for a while now.

That's not quite correct. It breaks exactly where you select. You can use object snaps when selecting the object that you want to break.

The thing I've found about using snaps with Dadgad's shortcut is that you have to select the snap manually, even if snaps are already active. If you use the standard macro, active snaps will kick in after selecting the object. For people who need to use snaps when breaking an object, both methods require the same amount of operations :(