Moving a vertex to a specific coordinate

Tomatooo

I'm completely new to Autocad 2015 for Mac. I created a polyline and inserted some new vertices. However, I'd like to position those new vertices at an exact position. Therefore I'd like to enter new absolute coodrinates for a selected vertex.

So far I tried this:

1. PEDIT --> Edit Vertex --select vertex--> Move. Entering a value enables me to definde the distance as a length and the direction in degrees. This is not what I want.

2. Directly select the vertex in my polyline and hitting "tab". I can edit the length and the radial degree of my vertex for the line to the previous and the next vertex respectively. Also, not what I am looking for.

What I would like to do: Select a vertex enter a new position as X,Y coordinates. Hit enter and the vertex gets positioned accordingly.

Is this somehow possible?

I can't say that it will work on a Mac, but in windows if you select the polyline and open the properties palette, you can cycle through the vertices and change the X and Y values to suit.

Cool thanks. It works. However, it is a little tedious because I first have to select the polyline and in properties palette under geometry I have to step through each vertex until I arrive at the vertex I'd like to modify. Is there also a command for directly editing the vertex coordinates after having selected a specific vertex?

With no commands active, pick on the pline, you will see grips at each vertice, pick on the grip for the one you want to change, type in x,y values and hit enter.

If I understand this correctly I think this is exactly what I described what I did in my original question. There, I can select a vertex explicitily and if I start typing I can enter the distance and the radial/degree but not x,y.

Or do I have to switch the options somewhere to replay the radius/degree to x/y?

Maybe it is different for a Mac. I have read your original post several times and I don't see the same steps that I described in post #4. Did you try following my steps exactly as written or did you assume they were the same and not try it?