Match layer properties

broncos15

I have a quick question about the matchprop command. Is there an easy to access the matchprop settings variable? I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find what it is. As a result, I have been using this matchlayer lisp because the laymch command works backwards. My issue with the code is that I can't get it to function just like the matchprop command. Main issues: I don't know how to get entsel to go immediately to choosing the destination object after the source object is chosen, and I don't know how to get the lisp to preview what the destination object will look like like how the matchprop command does. Is there an easy fix that I am missing with this code, or even easier, a variable for matchprop I can mess with to make this lisp much simpler? Thank you in advance for the help!

(defun c:matchlayer (/ ent entlay stuff)
(setq ENT (entget (car (entsel "\nSelect entity on TARGET layer:  "))))
(setq ENTLAY (cdr (assoc 8 ENT)))
(setq TEXT '"Entity layer is ")
(setq TITLE (strcat TEXT ENTLAY))
(prompt TITLE)
(setq STUFF (SSGET))
(command "CHANGE" STUFF "" "Properties" "LAYER" ENTLAY "C" "bylayer" "LT" "bylayer" "S" "1.0" "")
(PRINC)
)

my version

(alert (strcat "Entity layer is " entlay))
(setq STUFF (SSGET))
(command "_chprop" STUFF "" "LAYER" ENTLAY "C" "bylayer" "LT" "bylayer" "S" "1.0" "")
(PRINC)
)

Edited by BIGAL

my version

(alert (strcat "Entity layer is " entlay))
(setq STUFF (SSGET))
(command "_chprop" STUFF "" "LAYER" ENTLAY "C" "bylayer" "LT" "bylayer" "S" "1.0" "")
(PRINC)
)

BIGAL, thank you for the help. I think the chprop command is better than my change command. I was curious, how does your code go from selecting the target layer to the destination layer without making the user hit enter? My original code seems almost identical, so I am curious how you did that.