viewports zoom variable?

jt6572

hello everyone,

i keep getting this thing happen whenever i go into a viewport, get the MS to the right scale, then go back to PS its fine. i'll lock the VP, and no biggie, but then whenver i click back into it, it will automatically zoom all. in one particular drawing i am working in, one VP does this, while the other doesnt, but i cant see the difference between them?

also, whenever i click in a VP and try to do a zoom - scale, the crosshairs just automatically go back to PS?

we have inherited a haunted template, and i have been ironing out a lot of issues like this, but would really appreciate some help on this.

thank you :)

Are you at liberty to post the aforementioned haunted template?

You can strip out any proprietary stuff.

I have always wanted to see one of those.

Often, if you have a weird viewport, it is easier to create a new one, than debug the haunted one.

hey dadgad,

thanks for the reply.

i have done a bit of research and just came back to post what i think is the solution:

My viewport always zoom extent when it's activated…

Hello everyone…. I was working with some cases regarding this and I thought that it will be good to share in case that you come across with this situation in some point.

You are creating viewports or copying layout tabs and when you double click the viewport to activate it. Because you need to change the scale, regen or zoom to a different location your viewport does an automatic zoom extend. If you have a lot of information on your drawing this could become a really anoying problem.

Change the UCSFOLLOW system variable to 0 inside the viewport.

The UCSFOLLOW setting is saved separately for each viewport, paper space and model space, when you create a new viewport it always maintains the setting use on model space.

Hope you will find this helpful.

was from Being Civil (or similar). :)

...unfortunately not.

I can never understand morning tea for someone's birthday and you always get these people who just rock up, eat stuff, leave, and never say thanks or even know whose birthday it is!

Often, if you have a weird viewport, it is easier to create a new one, than debug the haunted one.

The same goes for that template. Start fresh, you are bound to miss stuff as you are debugging.

The same goes for that template. Start fresh, you are bound to miss stuff as you are debugging.

I agree whole heartedly Rob, that was my first thought, before responding to the post. :beer: