Custom name for a color?

jjatho

So much like there are names for Red, Yellow, Blue, etc. I want to know if I can make a custom name for a specific color. Our company logo is the color (112,0,0) and we're switching to using that color for lots of annotations and other design notes. Before we do this, is there a way to create a new named color, other than the standard 9 index colors?

Basically, let's say our company name is "CraneCo"; can I make a default color called CraneCo that corresponds with (112,0,0)?

One approach is to create a custom material and give it a name. Go to the Material Editor mateditoropen and click on the create icon at the bottom left. Choose one of the listed types (e.g., Plastic) or click New Generic material. Change the default RGB values to 112,0,0 and edit the name to what you want. Open the material browser and create a material library so others can access the material.

Never seen that done, don't know of any way to do it. How about a layer using color 112,0,0 and put all your text on it.

That's the secondary plan if I can't make a new color name.

Maybe just use "Craneco" and change a picked objects colour

(defun c:craneco ( / obj)
(setq obj (car (entsel)))
(command "chprop" obj "" "C" "T" "112,0,0" "")
)

Edited by BIGAL
added obj locally

Maybe just use "Craneco" and change a picked objects colour

(defun c:craneco ()
(setq obj (car (entsel)))
(command "chprop" obj "" "C" "T" "112,0,0" "")
)

That's a pretty good option, thanks!