Match Properties Question

njpls

I have been given a tax map drawing, this is the base map of the entire township. I need to change the lot dimensions to one common text height, currently it ranges from 3' to 36' in height. I need to eliminate rotation from the equation though and did not see it in the settings box. Can it be removed?

No, Match Properties won't allow you to exclude rotation. When you match properties for text, you get everything or nothing.

Take a look at this custom lisp routine. As the thread title states, it picks up where Match Properties left off: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?41669-TextMatch-Pick-up-where-MatchProperties-Left-off-%28for-MText-amp-Text%29&

Whups, CAD64 posted while I was typing. What he says applies to Match Properties. There are a couple of ways to do this, including the lisp posted above. What I have outlined below would be within the restrictions of the dimension style editor, and may not solve your rotation issue. I think I understood you backwards regarding rotation.

Which settings box, Object Properties or Dimension style editor? There are only two rotation orientations allowed within the dimension style editor, aligned with the dimension line, or ALL horizontal. In the Object Properties dialog, the rotation shown is the same thing, but it is shown at a relative angle to the dimension line. If that rotation is not 0.00 or 90.00 deg, then the text has probably been manually rotated.

The easiest way to do what you want, is to have another entire dimension style set up, with all the dimension properties the way you want them, including aligned all horizontal or with the dimension line, as you wish. Then select ALL the existing dimensions. Then while they are selected, click the dimension style drop down list (thumbnails), and then click on (select) the name of your new dimension style. This will change them all at once. You may have to execute REGEN once or twice to get them all to show as changed, depending on how strong your video processor is.

Now, having said that, any of the existing dimensions that have had the text manually manipulated by the original drafter may not change orientation or justification after this process, but they will assume all the other new properties of the new dimension style.