Hatch?

leaf

Hello all and to those of you who have an answer to this or maybe autocad cant do my request? I need to overlap one strip or stripe over another solid colour say blue and red.........where the centres merge/mix purple is seen as in a hand painted design............can autocad do this?:oops::cry:

thankyou safester....................i'm using 2013..........so it looks like their's no easy tool or magic way ........have to learn illustrator?..........doh!

Hello all and to those of you who have an answer to this or maybe autocad cant do my request? I need to overlap one strip or stripe over another solid colour say blue and red.........where the centres merge/mix purple is seen as in a hand painted design............can autocad do this?:oops::cry:

you may be able to achieve something like this using CYMK halftone, but I'm not sure if the overlapping effects would work properly or even if the principle only works on printed media. I would think the easiest would be as previously suggested and mimic the interaction by creating a new hatch at the crossing.

Transparency will do it, using solid hatch as a pattern, or having lineweights which is probably harder to control, set transparency to something higher than 60 and adjust it for the effect you want. You will need to turn on the screen visibility for both lineweight and transparency if you want to try them (it's 2 of the toggle buttons on your status bar at the botttom of the screen)

thankyou to those of you who kindly wrote a reply to my problem.......i will go through them all............if i can't solve it, it looks like p shop or illustrator:x:(:ouch: