Red and yellow vectors displaying on wall objects

WinePress

Spent most of past decades in basic AutoCAD and Civil 3D...recently working with a client on Architecture 2012 & 2013 files :cry: Am having fits over these red and yellow vectors showing up at the anchor point on all the wall objects, and have been completely unable to figure out WHAT they are and HOW to not display them...any help is greatly appreciated. Old dog learning new tricks ;)

There is a AutoCAD vertical section here that would be much better suited for your question. Hopefully, a mod will move this for you as duplicate posts are frowned upon.

Spent most of past decades in basic AutoCAD and Civil 3D...recently working with a client on Architecture 2012 & 2013 files :cry: Am having fits over these red and yellow vectors showing up at the anchor point on all the wall objects, and have been completely unable to figure out WHAT they are and HOW to not display them...any help is greatly appreciated. Old dog learning new tricks ;)

Are they a random element that you cant select?

if so give this a try : https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unwanted-linework-appears-when-opening-drawings-in-AutoCAD-2015.html

New to forums as well, so by "mod", assuming "modification" (but we know what happens when one assumes), so I'll save that for another day...but thank you for yet another opportunity to stretch ;)

Not random; speculated as RobDraw confirmed that the vectors are part of the AEC objects, which is all pretty new to me...frustrating part was that I couldn't seem to isolate them in any way, and I did look for ways to turn them off, but I didn't know what they're called, so....I did some more online research and came across posts about exporting to AutoCAD; tried that and the objects exploded so I was able to go through and delete them all...resolved the immediate task, but didn't answer the question. Thank you for your feedback, tho :)

Thanks, RobDraw...thought as much, and looked for means to display/no display, without success. Until I noticed the "Display Configuration" button at the bottom, which menu list included an item called "Standard"...took a chance, selected it, and vectors disappeared along with things like door jambs (3D), so all is good for now. Also, further research yielded a command Export to AutoCAD which would exploded the 3D objects...tried that as well and was able to delete all the vectors (a little time-consuming, but resolved the immediate task). My frustration is that I dislike knowing WHAT to do without understanding the WHY behind the "what"...so I still don't know what the vectors are, what they're called, and why they appeared in the first place...just sayin'. Thank you for your contribution to the solution :notworthy:

You should be able to refine the solution and find out what they are called.

From your comments, it sounds like you don't need the AEC or 3D aspects of these files. Correct?

I used to export Architectural drawings a lot, but it's been a while. Is that what you need, to convert them to vanilla CAD or do you want to learn how to work with them in their native format, AEC objects intact?

Thank you so VERY much for your feedback, RobDraw...you surmised correctly; I don't need AEC/3D for this particular task, and exporting the file meet the immediate need. BUT, I've never been accused of being a vanilla kinda gal, so as I've been exposed to this dilemma, a desire has been awakened to learn how to operate competently in this 3D architectural format...and now that I've found this site, I'm going to optimize its provision in the realm of learning this skillset.

To that end, can you expound on "refining the solution"? Continued appreciation...

Thank you so VERY much for your feedback, RobDraw...you surmised correctly; I don't need AEC/3D for this particular task, and exporting the file meet the immediate need. BUT, I've never been accused of being a vanilla kinda gal, so as I've been exposed to this dilemma, a desire has been awakened to learn how to operate competently in this 3D architectural format...and now that I've found this site, I'm going to optimize its provision in the realm of learning this skillset.

To that end, can you expound on "refining the solution"? Continued appreciation...

"Vanilla CAD" is a term used to describe AutoCAD without any of the vertical applications like Architecture or MEP. I didn't care for the term when I heard it for the first time, because my drafting was anything but vanilla.

By "refining the solution" I mean that when you export, you should be able to get an output that is closer to what you need. Have a look at the settings available for export. If they are similar to what I had available, tweaking those and a bit of prep work on the source file before export should get you very close. Less work for you to do on the exported file.

With that being said, if you want to make your skillset more valuable, your efforts might have more benefit if you focused on the 3D aspects of your field.