Cant find lines in block

byk3bep

I have been handed down a .dwg to alter.

There are a couple of big blocks, and the alterations need to be on one of them.

I enter the block editor, and well, the lines disappear (the ones that need change).

It's beyond me, but a clue lies in the fact that not all of the content of the given block is visible in view ports, and I'm thinking there is a setting to control their visibility. Oh, and exploding doesn't help.

I attached the file, with only the block in question.The blue and red lines are what I'm referring to.

I appreciate the help

BlockTrouble.dwg

WOW,

I get the same thin when double clicking the block, but if I right click when the block is selected (RC is set up so it opens the options drop-down list), choosing the open in block editor works. Doesn't solve the problem, no lines in the block.

I'm thinking it's done in ACAD. Could be wrong...

Forgive my ignorance, what is proxy graphics? Nvm, I will google it :)

Thx for your help

There are different z values in the block.

Seems to be objects created by other than AutoCAD.

You might find it easier to trace the objects.

As for the viewports, they are frozen per the viewports.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-74e5.htm,topicNumber=d0e35151