Extrude

kshotton45

I'm using Acad 2008. After loading a profile (arg file) the Extrude button stopped working. But if I type EXTRUDE at the Command line I can extrude. I can live with it, but it shouldn't be like this! Any ideas ? :(

I exported my profile then took a look at it using Notepad. There was only one line in it that mentions the EXTRUDE command (see below).

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R20.0\ACAD-E001:409\FixedProfile\Commands\EXTRUDE]

"DefaultVersion"=dword:00000003

Not sure what would happen if that line was deleted but that would have to be done intentionally as I don't see AutoCAD deciding on its own to arbitrarily doing it or disabling the command in some manner.

Did you edit the CUI? Or did you create a custom CUI?

Re: Profiles....

Profiles_Whatarethey.JPG

Edited by ReMark

Thanks for the reply.

The events leading to my situation were ; I changed the workspace from Autocad Classic to 3D Modelling. I didn't like it, so I changed back to Classic.

At this point, I'd lost a lot of Icons from the Toolbars. So I reloaded a previously saved arg. file.

This restored some of the Icons, including the EXTRUDE icon, which wouldn't work.

Are you suggesting that I copy and paste the line of code that you've provided ?

Thanks Keith.

I should add that I've also tried to reload the Extrude Icon via the 'Tools', 'Customize', 'Interface' method , but this doesn't work either.

I am NOT suggesting you copy/paste the line of text I posted to your .arg file as I don't believe it has any connection to your problem.

It sounds more like a problem with the CUI. How much customization have you done?

Here's one possible option. Reset your profile to use the default settings. Or have you already tried this?

Something else you can take a look at...https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Missing-toolbar-or-other-elements-in-AutoCAD.html

You say the Extrude button stopped working, what does that mean? Command not recognized error, absolutely nothing happens, the wrong thing happens, etc.

You say the Extrude button stopped working, what does that mean? Command not recognized error, absolutely nothing happens, the wrong thing happens, etc.

Thanks.

Nothing happens.

I've now followed the link given by ReMark and got it working. I had to Unload then Reload the CUI files; even then it didn't work first time! - in the properties panel of the CUI page, the Display - name was given as E&xtrude. I deleted the & and it started working.

Thanks,Keith.