Detect/switch pointing device?

vanowm

Hello.

Is there a way detect and switch pointing device?

I use two pointing devices: regular mouse for every day Acad and digitizer. For the mouse I set to "current system pointing device" and for digitizer I switch to "WinTab compatible digitizer ADI"

When switched to WinTab, I still can use mouse just fine, however when digizer board is turned off, autocad takes about 30 seconds to start or open a drawing.

I do have a routine that I start when I need to use digitizer, and I was wondering if I could add automatic pointing device switching to it to avoid the hustle of doing it manually.

Thank you.

P.S.

Using Autocad 2002

Hello.

Is there a way detect and switch pointing device?

I use two pointing devices: regular mouse for every day Acad and digitizer. For the mouse I set to "current system pointing device" and for digitizer I switch to "WinTab compatible digitizer ADI"

When switched to WinTab, I still can use mouse just fine, however when digizer board is turned off, autocad takes about 30 seconds to start or open a drawing.

I do have a routine that I start when I need to use digitizer, and I was wondering if I could add automatic pointing device switching to it to avoid the hustle of doing it manually.

Thank you.

P.S.

Using Autocad 2002

Hi vanowm,

not sure this can be done while autocad is running. You can use different cfg files though , just make 2 different shortcuts starting autocad with the desired pointing device. Or you could try messing with the registry but not sure that's a good idea

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/12/message-id/2624/print-single-message/false/page/1

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-8E54B6EC-5B52-4F62-B7FC-0D4E1EDF093A-htm.html

Gr. Rlx

just make 2 different shortcuts

Pretty easy open Autocad with say mouse only then CONFIG, Profiles, Add to list, MOUSE close etc and exit

Open Autocad turn on digitiser again config, add to list, DIGI close and exit

Click on desktop icon and copy then paste to desktop pick either and goto Properties look for in Target say /p ">" change this to /p "Mouse" press ok, repeat for other icon /p "DIGI"

Ok if you click softly and once on the text of the icon you can change the message to say AUTOCAD Mouse, Autocad DIGI.

Thank you very much.

Although creating separate profiles wouldn't work for me (it would require restart autocad), but resetting pointing device with /r switch on startup is a good enough alternative, at least it doesn't freeze anymore. I can manually change the device when needed.

Still I'm wondering if there is a low level API for plugins for this?

Edited by vanowm