Export a selection to an new external dxf file

KendiKong

All I need this function to do is to allow me to export a selection in model space to a new, different .dxf file (specifically, AutoCAD 2000/LT2000 DXF format). Doesn't matter where the coordinates end up.

And the function can let me name this new dxf file and file location.

Is such a function possible?

All I need this function to do is to allow me to export a selection in model space to a new, different .dxf file (specifically, AutoCAD 2000/LT2000 DXF format). Doesn't matter where the coordinates end up.

And the function can let me name this new dxf file and file location.

Is such a function possible?

use filedia 0 and then dxfout

gr. Rlx

Oh, that function is exactly what I'm looking for, but do you think you can show me how I would make a script for dxfout so that dxf2000 is the default and it prompts me make an object selection? I think I'd rather have the dialog box for file path selection too, so I'm probably gonna keep filedia as 1.

EDIT:

Oh, and 1 last thing. Is there a way to add in the purge command to apply to the new dxf file?

Edited by KendiKong

Oh, that function is exactly what I'm looking for, but do you think you can show me how I would make a script for dxfout so that dxf2000 is the default and it prompts me make an object selection? I think I'd rather have the dialog box for file path selection too, so I'm probably gonna keep filedia as 1.

EDIT:

Oh, and 1 last thing. Is there a way to add in the purge command to apply to the new dxf file?

Check this one from Lee :

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?70489-Dxf-to-file-location/page2&highlight=dxfout

Gr. Rlx

btw ,

if you dxf out , no use for purge unless your template is allready 'contaminated'

But if you want to script something , here's something about scripts too :

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?95560-Script.-Save-Open-Close-Switch-back-to-original-DWG&highlight=rlxscript

be aware , scripts dont work with dialogs (obviously)