How to create rebar dimension lisp in autocad

Akech

Help me to create a lisp that can do for me these task that i do every day and I wanted a short way to do it as shown in the attached image

Rebar line.jpg

Hi,

I think your thread should be moved in the autolisp's discussion by the moderator.

You must explain more clearly what are you trying to achieve, do you want to dimension a polyline by picking it?

Try with simplier explanations, using autocad terms. Its hard to understand what exactly is your everyday's task.

i want to create a rebar dimension that can be stretched and when stretched it writes the number of items between; calculated with the division of the by the spacing stated and also to write ''number, bar notation, bar diameter-bar position-spacing description '11T12-02-200 B1'", On the dimension line.

Well to answer partially, I think theres a lisp that dimensions at incremented distance of a polyline (if your rebar is a polyline).

The "number, bar notation and bar diameter and position" might be easier to achieve by creating a dynamic block,

since with lisp it would expect to read that information from somewhere or you should manually input it while running the routine.

Providing a sample drawing with "before and after" would make the job easier for the coders.

But my opinion is that it would be easier to achieve the task if you create a dynamic block with attributes and fields, and populate the data.

From lisp you could expect stuff like auto-dimensioning and auto-numbering, but it could not populate the notation and diameter (unless it reads a circle's diameter for example).

Try to imagine yourself as a code-writer, what information would you need to get first so you would know how the code will auto-populate the rebars.

Please I would like someone to show me how to do it even in Vba or visual studio. my major problem is get an automatic rebar detailing aid.

Going to second Grrr here. I feel that a dynamic block would be the better solution. If you provide a sample drawing I might take a crack at it.

Thanks.