How to hide back side object

Dear all,

As shown in image, red color object is backside object, I would like to hide that re portion only, how I can.

Untitled.png

First question I would ask is this: Is this an actual 3D model and you're wanting to hide things automatically, or is this 2D and you want to manually show the lines as hidden? Please clarify, thanks!

-TZ

First question I would ask is this: Is this an actual 3D model and you're wanting to hide things automatically, or is this 2D and you want to manually show the lines as hidden? Please clarify, thanks!

-TZ

This is 2D Model, and I would like to hide the lines which I shown in red color.

because Chiller is back side and Pipes are front side. so back side object will be hidden or trim.

I think the two vertical red lines near the gauges should not be hidden but there are a number of others that do need to be hidden. Unless I am seeing this wrong.

On a side note, thin lines on a black background don't make for a good image. It's hard to see.

I already trim manually, after trimming it will look like attached image. but any shortcut to hide unwanted portion.

What was wrong with the two suggestions I gave you? Are you looking instead for a "magic" button? OK....another suggestion is use a wipeout.

I already trim manually, after trimming it will look like attached image. but any shortcut to hide unwanted portion.

Simple answer, no. You would have to be utilizing actual 3D objects. In 2D, there is no front or back. Everything is on the same place.

but any shortcut to hide unwanted portion.
Not if you're using 2D. If you model in 3D this is the only way you could automate it, because there will be the extra axis required to know which "lines" are behind objects. Until then it's a manual process only. However, you can use LISP or Macros to speed up the manual process. There are plenty of things you could find that are a simple Google search away (assuming, anyways).

-TZ

Create a 3D solid model then use the FLATSHOT command (as one option) to extract the required 2D views with or without hidden lines showing. Look at the example below. The 3D model is in the middle. Visual style is Shades of Gray. On both sides are the extracted 2D views. The one on the left side has hidden lines not shown while the one on the right side has hidden lines shown in blue using a dashed linetype.

3D Flatshot.jpg

This happens to be a deaerator for our boiler make up water system.