Remove ALL formatting from Tables?

Reference the red outlines:

EmbeddedFormatting.png

I brought in Tables from Excel via Paste Special > AutoCAD Entities so I could quickly copy/paste into one of my pre-formatted schedule styles. The problem is, you can't truly reset the entire Table because the contents exist one level deeper than the "Clear Formatting" function will go. The text has overrides inside the cell itself. Is there any way to completely reset all overrides, including the embedded cell contents? Thanks in advance!

-TZ

For the record, I found a workaround that works via a LISP program. It's a multi-step process but it's well worth it.

The program is located over at The Swamp from member jvillarreal, titled "COT_Convert_Old_TableV1.6a.lsp":

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=35884.0

The process goes as follows: Copy > Paste Special as AutoCAD Entities from Excel. Then explode the table until everything is lines and text (non MTEXT). Select everything and set colors to ByLayer. Then run the routine and follow the prompts.

If there is a better method, please feel free to share. Until then I think I have my problem solved, although fewer steps would be ideal. :)

-TZ

• 1 month later...

For the record, I finally found a LISP that actually works, and works well. It's a wonder why I didn't find it before in my search as it's been floating around the internet since 2010.

StripMtext v5.0

https://cadabyss.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/stripmtext-v5-0/

Has a slew of options too. Posting just in case people are on the hunt for the same thing.

-TZ