Question about Reactors

Grrr

Hi guys,

I didn't found anywhere similar information about a reactor questions that keeps me curious.

So my questions are:

*Callback question:

Is it possible to run a lisp command definition through a reactor as a callback?

For example run C:test for a certain event.

*Event question:

Is it possible to re-run that command (C:test) like a loop with delay for example 0.5 seconds? (I don't know what the result might be - maybe AutoCAD will crash).

But that means no event will be included? Or if its important to have one: get it from a certain value of "CDATE" variable.

*Example callbacks for this kind of event:

-Print a tip from a list, from a lisp like this in every 15 minutes:

(defun-q c:test ( / lst )

(setq lst '( "[#1] Tip Number 1."
	 "[#2] Tip Number 2."
	 "[#3] Tip Number 3."
	 "[#4] Tip Number 4."
	 "[#5] Tip Number 5."
	 "[#6] Tip Number 6."
       )
   )
   (setq c:test (vl-list* '( / lst ) (list 'setq 'lst (list 'quote (append (cdr lst) (list (car lst))))) (cddr c:test))) 
   (setq storedvalue (car lst))
   (princ (strcat "\n" storedvalue " "  ))
   (princ)
)	

-Or the lisps performs some checks in the drawing: for example is there a block/layer that needs to be purged,

Is there a selection made - if it is then invoke properties, if its not then closeproperties (Lee Mac did reactor about this one, but I'm still curious for that alternate way).

Hi guys,

I didn't found anywhere similar information about a reactor questions that keeps me curious.

So my questions are:

*Callback question:

Is it possible to run a lisp command definition through a reactor as a callback?

For example run C:test for a certain event.

*Event question:

Is it possible to re-run that command (C:test) like a loop with delay for example 0.5 seconds? (I don't know what the result might be - maybe AutoCAD will crash).

But that means no event will be included? Or if its important to have one: get it from a certain value of "CDATE" variable.

*Example callbacks for this kind of event:

-Print a tip from a list, from a lisp like this in every 15 minutes:

(defun-q c:test ( / lst )

(setq lst '( "[#1] Tip Number 1."
        "[#2] Tip Number 2."
        "[#3] Tip Number 3."
        "[#4] Tip Number 4."
        "[#5] Tip Number 5."
        "[#6] Tip Number 6."
          )
   )
   (setq c:test (vl-list* '( / lst ) (list 'setq 'lst (list 'quote (append (cdr lst) (list (car lst))))) (cddr c:test))) 
   (setq storedvalue (car lst))
   (princ (strcat "\n" storedvalue " "  ))
   (princ)
)    

-Or the lisps performs some checks in the drawing: for example is there a block/layer that needs to be purged,

Is there a selection made - if it is then invoke properties, if its not then closeproperties (Lee Mac did reactor about this one, but I'm still curious for that alternate way).

If I understand your question, yes you can a LISP routine for a certain event, just make use of vla-sendcommand. To delay the command for 5 seconds, make use of the delay command (use vla-sendcommand) with an amount of 5000.

Hi broncos15,

But does that mean that vla-sendcommand will work for lisp command definitions?

I know that it would work with the standard autocad commands, as I have this example from LM:

(autoprops:sendcommand "_.properties ")

(defun autoprops:sendcommand ( com )
   (eval
       (list 'defun 'autoprops:sendcommand '( com )
           (list 'vla-sendcommand (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) 'com)
       )
   )
   (autoprops:sendcommand com)
)

But will this work the same way ?:

(autoprops:sendcommand "_.test ")

I haven't heard of the delay command, but you get the idea about what type of reactor I'm asking about

(to run c:test with a delay, and c:test performs its checks for the drawing).

Yes you could you use it just like that. The reference that I have used is http://www.afralisp.net/archive/methods/list/sendcommand_method.htm. And yeah I understand. You want to put the delay command at the beginning of the reactor, before you did everything else. That way you could delay it whatever amount of time you want and then have the reactor do whatever you wanted after that.

Thanks, now I know that those reactor "ideas" of mine are possible.

However I'm still amazed why such type of an delay reactor is so unpopular (accordingly to my google research).

Perhaps a possible reason might be, because it would drain the CPU by continiously checking the event.