+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Wink Is it possible to add a plus one?

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

When you are inserting a viewport title is it possible to have the block add 1 to the previous number?
    EX: I insert a label for a viewport of an elevation the label reads 1 also elevation and the scale of the viewport. Could I have it set up that when I add another label to the same layout it would automatically bring it in as labeled 2 and so on...
    I know that if I had the time or the money I could get a lisp routine to do it.. I have neither time (to learn how to make a lisp routine or write one) or money. I just wanted to know if it was possible or if there is already a command like that.

I know that I will get suggested to use sheet sets yet alas I cannot. Sheet sets do not work for me, our office keeps everything in one drawing file, this makes most of the 'advantages' of a sheet set unnecessary and way more difficult then just doing it the old fashioned way.
    Besides the fact that my boss would have a cow.. He doesn't like polylines and really hates blocks and with dynamic blocks don't get me started.... Yet with all of these he copes if I added sheet sets I may no longer have a job.
    Currently busy finding every error in AutoCAD 2015 ... as hours of work disappear in yet another fatal error

Computer Details
    ReMark's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    Intel DX58SO2 LGA1366 X58
    CPU:
    Intel i7-960 Quad-core 3.20GHz 8MB cache
    RAM:
    12GB (3x4GB) PC3-106000 DDR3
    Graphics:
    nVidia Quadro K4200, 4GB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    150GB Velocipraptor 10,000 rpm
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Dell P24LLH - 24" wide screen LCD
    Discipline
    See details...
    ReMark's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Draftsman/Designer...chemical manufacturing.
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

I'm sure anything is possible.

With a boss like that I don't understand why you are still working at this company. Where are you located? What type of work do you do?

Have you looked at Lee Mac's Incremental Numbering Suite?

http://www.lee-mac.com/numinc.html
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

Eat brains...gain more knowledge!

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Using
    AutoCAD 2009

Quote Originally Posted by squareknees View Post
    I know that I will get suggested to use sheet sets yet alas I cannot. Sheet sets do not work for me, our office keeps everything in one drawing file, this makes most of the 'advantages' of a sheet set unnecessary and way more difficult then just doing it the old fashioned way.
    Besides the fact that my boss would have a cow.. He doesn't like polylines and really hates blocks and with dynamic blocks don't get me started.... Yet with all of these he copes if I added sheet sets I may no longer have a job.
    Do not be afraid.
    Worldwide, 70% of users AutoCAD working only in model space.
    Print multiple formats in a single model, or to create layout of them have different ways.
    If you are using layout, one viewport = one layout, then it is easier to set numbers.

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    Graphics:
    Primary Storage:
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Discipline
    See details...
    Occupation
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Where did you read that worldwide 70% of AutoCAD users work only in model space?
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Using
    AutoCAD 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ReMark View Post
    Where did you read that worldwide 70% of AutoCAD users work only in model space?

I provide technical support for additional programs for AutoCAD.
    Europe, Israel, India - mostly model. Russia - 90% of the model.

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    Graphics:
    Primary Storage:
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Discipline
    See details...
    Occupation
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

You provide technical support to add-on programs for AutoCAD? Why are you still using AutoCAD 2009?

90% of Russian users restrict themselves to only using model space? I find that difficult to believe.

Using
    AutoCAD 2015

I have looked at lee-mac.com before but I wasn't looking for this issue. so this may be the answer.
    Thanks,

BTW...
    I am in Minnesota, small cabinetry company, although I have done almost everything in drafting. I have my degree in Interior Design, and not allowed to design anything. My talents are wasted here yet not a lot of work out there...
    Currently busy finding every error in AutoCAD 2015 ... as hours of work disappear in yet another fatal error

Using
    MEP 2017

90% of Russian users restrict themselves to only using model space?
    I'm not sure how that equates to 70% worldwide, either. In my experience, I see 99% using paperspace and multiple tabs.
    Drafting is a breeze.

Using
    AutoCAD 2009

You provide technical support to add-on programs for AutoCAD? Why are you still using AutoCAD 2009?

90% of Russian users restrict themselves to only using model space? I find that difficult to believe.
    2009 is the official version.
    It's true. I am an engineer in 2004, and I have not seen a single person who took Autodesk training, all trained themselves.
    Just a few of these people are writing on the forums
    The simpler - so reliable. How to pencil in space.
    We moved from the question topic.
    Author - you attach a sample file that you need, it will be a faster solution to the issue.

Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

right now the number is just an attribute hoping to have something that will autofill when inserted with the next number.
    Attached Files