Diesel loop - Smooth Exit

CadCornerMan

Hi all. I created a loop, i am using the if statement to test against a preset variable. The point is when i reach my last time around the loop, it always seems to carry out the last command one more time. I am trying to use ^Z null, surpresses automatic space) as recommended, but the ^Z seems to be having no effect on the operation.

Is there something about using ^Z that is not obvious and I should know? - Thanks:(

can you post the whole macro, the problem might be elsewhere and it saves people guessing, Diesel does have some quirks and it could be anything.

*^C^C$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,useri1),$(getvar,useri2)),^C,-text;j;c;$M=$(getvar,lastpoint);2;0;$M=$(getvar,useri1);_useri1;$M=$(+,$(getvar,useri1),1);_lastpoint;"0,$M=$(*,$(getvar,useri1),-5),0"

The macro is for producing a column of incrementing numbers.Prior to running it I have another macro where Useri1 is set as the start number. Useri2 is the last number and lastpoint gets set to 0,0,0. The plan I have in my head for the macro working is as follows, If useri1=useri2 then cancel, else (print useri1 to drawing,increment useri1 by 1,increase lastpoint to set the location for the next number), repeat.

When the loop cancels because useri1=useri2 it always asks for the lastpoint one more time. ^Z added to the end of the macro is meant to prevent this, but when i add it, it does not seem to make any difference.

I am just trying to learn the macro format so i may have made a rookie mistake somewhere. Thanks for stopping by this thread to help. The macro still get's the results I am looking for on the screen, I am just being fussy about it exiting smoothly without me having to cancel the last lastpoint.

I'm running into a few problems, but have found that adding a semi colon after ^C solves part of the problem, however I cannot get the lastpoint variable to update in the macro, it fails to accept the input (but the macro still runs). Anyway I hope the semi colon helps, and do you have the variable MACROTRACE=1, it's a non documented variable but helps when you are trying to debug macro's

Yes that's it! - The semi-colon after the ^C did the trick, i am now getting returned to the command line ready for the next command - instead of it finishing by asking for a lastpoint again. Cheers - much appreciated Steven. i'm just learning by trying to piece together the different articles I can find on the net.

Hoping to improve my drawing productivity by adding a few custom routines.