copy/paste viewports between drawings: layout and model elements all together

samifox

hi

mission: coping geometry from the model space and corrisponding layouts/viewports to another drawing.

required: when copying and pasting viewport from drawing to another, i want acad to copy the corrisponding geometry as well.

thanks

S

Copy & paste the model space from the old drawing to the new drawing.

Import the layout tab (right click on paperspace tab => from template).

Then you can export layer states from the original viewport and then restore them in the new viewport in your new drawing (via layer property manager).

If you are copying all the geometry, the layouts and the viewports what's the point? Save the original drawing under a new name and blow away whatever is not needed. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be?

Maybe the OP is copying only a specific viewport or viewports in which case he needs a way to identify them. Same goes for any model space geometry. What if he needs only a portion of it?

Just trace over the viewport in Paperspace and use the CHSPACE command to move it back into modelspace, for clarification.

I'm pretty sure Lee Mac has a lisp to do it, if there are a lot of viewports and one doesn't want to do it manually.

Here it is, http://www.lee-mac.com/vpoutline.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Yas i want only 1 viewport. Now im copyingvthe geometry in model spase

Paste it at the same coordinates. Abd than copy paste the viewport

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk