How can i auto insert name of block

keiths

Hi all,

advice needed please, i want to be able to insert a block with the name of the block next to it...

For example, inserting a road sign on a dwg i the want to place the reference number next to it automatically (Reference number being the name of the block)

Thanks Keith

Here in Aus we have HFS Fonts which does exactly what you want with a full library of signs. I am not sure if it still exists as a product.

Any way can be done via a simple lisp the hard part is making a selectable interface as shown in image. Again once you create a snap shot of each sign then its there hopefully forever. You can make a slide image of every sign block via a lisp and use a custom dcl or I would suggest a menu option like the image. Tool palettes come to mind also others will comment on how to set them up.

Screen Shot 04-22-16 at 12.27 PM.PNG

Hi all,

advice needed please, i want to be able to insert a block with the name of the block next to it...

For example, inserting a road sign on a dwg i the want to place the reference number next to it automatically (Reference number being the name of the block)

Thanks Keith

if this is a one off kind of thing an action macro may get you close. I created on that issues the block command and then is followed by the field command. Its not ideal but it at least knocks a little bit of the command work out.

The cadnoob we are talking a few hundred signs here, it can be done very simply from the point of passing block name and description, its really more about the front end.

I know I have seen the equivalent signs as American highway signs anybody how you use them , do you have a palette etc ?

some sample menu code using a slide menu

**PIPES
[PIPES]
[COGGSLD(SD201,SUBSOIL)]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG201") 
[COGGSLD(SD202,FLUSHOUT)]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG202") 
[COGGSLD(SD203,CATCH)]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG203") 
[COGGSLD(SD204,HOUSE)]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG204") 
[COGGSLD(SD205,STREET)]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG205") 
[COGGSLD(SD206,EASEMENT)]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG206") 
[COGGSLD(SD207,ANCHOR)]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG207") 

BigAl! That Wrong Way/Go Back sign is hilarious! We just have a bland Wrong Way sign....ahhh...such a bummer. Stupid dull American signs hahahaha