Customizing PAN command in AutoCAD

StArchitect

Hello,

How can I change the way I pan through AutoCAD? I don't want to press down on the scroll button anymore, can I customize the way I activate PAN other than typing the command/pressing down on the scroll button?

You can call the command from the right mouse button, place the command in the QAT, or use the ribbon or tool pallets, etc. Maybe there is more to your question, so give further details. The quickest and most convenient way is with the scroll wheel, why do you not want to use that if you don't mind my asking.

Hi rkent,

My index finger hurts from pressing down on the scroll button too many times daily for many hours,

I just want a temporary fast alternative so that I can let my index finger heal and until I get a new more comfortable mouse.

I only have a toggle switch on my mouse at work, I just Right-Click and select Pan from the Shortcut Menu.

Have you tried using the Aerial View? View>Aerial View or dsviewer (command line)

Hi SLW210,

Can't find Aerial View...I'm using AutoCAD 2016. Also tried typing dsviewer and nothing shows up...

.DSVIEWER

dot before the command.

This may require more finger work than just panning the old way.

You could make use of the view command. I have keys to create views quickly and then call them with a couple of keys. Just another option for navigating.

Also, in MS you can create viewports so you can see more than one area at a time, just move the mouse and click once to be in the new view.