Customizing the Ribbon and Workspaces

Hope this is the right spot for this.

When I use the CUI to customize a ribbon, in what I thought was a specific work space, the customization appears in the ribbon in all work spaces. If I set the ribbon I want to customize as current and make changes, those changes appear in the current ribbon and the ribbons in all other work spaces too.

That wasn't exactly accurate.

If I add a tab to a ribbon in a specific work space with the "customize work space" clicked (all turns blue under chosen work space) then that tab only appears in that work space ribbon. However, if I add a panel to an existing tab, which I can't seem to do in customize work space mode, then that change happens in all work space ribbons.

just feel like I'm missing something.

I'll add that if I add a panel onto a tab the panel appears in the tab but does not appear anywhere in the customize work space window. I thought I might hide the panel in the work spaces I didn't want to see the panel but the new panel simply isn't there to hide.

Edited by BWW