rotate composite curve

nzhills

Hi, how can I rotate a composite curve out of plane? In this instance I insert a composite curve through, an airfoil section, convert the entities, then want to be able to rotate it about a centre line drawn between the leading edge and trailing edge, (i.e. the very front and the very back) to model dihedral. Any ideas how I can do this? Regards Mark

Composite curve is meant to allow you to create a single curve from multiple 2d, 3d sketch curves as well as projected curves, helix etc.

To make such a curve there are several methods.

1. to make a 3d sketch, this is generally hard to control

2. and my favorite, is to make 2 separate 2d sketches(lets say top and front view) and use a "Projected Curve".

3. make a bunch of segments and use composite curve to piece them together.

If your curve is truly on a 2d plane there are other things you can do as well. You can make an angled plane and put your sketch on there. You can go into a 3d sketch, "Convert Entities" and then use some of the translate options to move/rotate that curve. I am sure there are other ways but likely you should stick to making 2d sketches and projecting them.