File Save error... Still. "The process cannot access the file..."

Dieguy

This has to be something I'm doing but I don't know what. I have experienced this on 2011, 2014 and 2016 versions. The attached screenshot is from 2016 Professional. I have asked before and scoured the internet with no solution.

Inventor 2016 Error Message.jpg

What antivirus program do you use? Try disabling that and see if it helps. Do you use any syncing programs?

Mark,

Thanks, I dont know what anti-virus we use here but there are approximately 15 seats of Inventor here and no one else has seen this problem. When I used Version 2011 independently I used the free Avast anti-virus. I do use Google drive but this problem occurred before I started.

Well, its hard to say without doing a remote into your computer and really looking at all the factors. Would you happen to know if you are a client of ours? I could probably do a grace call.

Do you have any repeatable factors that lead up to this?

Do you have any iLogic code?

Do you use Autodesk Vault alongside your Google Drive?

Can you 100% reproduce this based on known steps?

Mark,

Do you have any repeatable factors that lead up to this?

Can you 100% reproduce this based on known steps?

- No, it happens frequently but I cant reproduce it intentionally

Do you have any iLogic code?

- No

Do you use Autodesk Vault alongside your Google Drive?

- No

It happens frequently in drawing (idw) files, infrequently in assembly (asm) files and rarely in model files. I'm not even sure it has ever happened in a model (ipt) file.

If I recall correctly, I first encountered this when I started learning about LOD and view reps. I currently use view reps extensively but have not used LOD in a long time.

Thanks again.