Opening dwgs in a script that has spaces in the filenames & directories

BIGAL

I got around the first problem of having file names & directories with spaces in them by using Vla-open and it works fine for single dwgs. I need to do a script process, the script opens a dwg makes it the default but then stops and does not run the preloaded defun or use of a (Load "xxxx") it just returns command to the current drawing. Any ideas very frustrating, 128 individual directories.

Lisp
(defun openblk (blkname / adocs)
(setq acDocs (vla-get-documents (vlax-get-acad-object)))
(vla-open acDocs blkname)
(vla-activate (vla-item acdocs 1))
;(vla-put-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object) (vla-item acdocs 1))
)

script
Filedia 0
(openblk "P:/2014 Projects/2014073/Design/basin 1/2014073-1")
(plotbasin)
CLOSE N

Thanks guys solved the problem it was not actually a problem with the dwg names but rather a typo on the last line of the lisp program, this would cause an error so script stops, the lisp when ran would work and I was overlooking the error that occured.

I would think replacing the space with an underscore would work in plain script lines as well. -David

open
p:/2014_projects/   ....

-David

David your correct but 128 directories and files to rename, fixed the lisp and had a couple of fails which were drawing problems now sorted, the original draftee missed a number which I put in script, produced 148 pdf's around 4 secs per dwg.