rotate drawing in view

ali888

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. I'd like to know if this is possible. I have a drawing in dwg that's drawn vertically. By that i mean the texts seem to have been rotated at 90 degree. It's drawn by someone else. I darenot rotate it back fearing i might stuff up the coordinates. But it's hard to see as i need to bend my head to be able to read the drawing and all the texts in it.

Is it possible that without rotating the actual drawing, we can actually somehow set it to something more readable for example, rotate it back to vertical kind of angle. I heard it can be done with view. But i just don't know how to do that. I need your help on this.

I use autocad LT 2005.

Thank you in advance

Look into the UCS command. something like UCS>>New then look at options. You can define new xy orientation with the "3point" option, or use rotate option. After this use the PLAN command to orient view with the UCS. And use UCS>>Save to name the UCS to restore later.

Alan's right, I answered this very question a week or so ago. Type DV at the command line. You'll get the option to TW (twist) the drawing. This can be done in model space or in a viewport in paperspace. In mspace the whole enviroment twists, in pspace just the vport contents twist. This is NOT the same as rotating, therefore the co-ordinates will remain as intended. Obviously, you'll have to set new UCS co-ordinates for ease of use.

Hope that helps......

• 6 years later...

If you want to simply rotate a drawing to make editing text or modifying your drawing easier then simply add these 2 as macros to your own toolbar.

Rotate UCS (Rotates the drawing to anything you pick)

Adjust UCS to entity

^C^C_UCSFOLLOW;1;UCS;E;

Rotate UCS to Original (Rotates drawing to original)

Rotates the current UCS to Original Position

^C^C_ucs;w UCSfollow;0;

This work easy for me and i always return to my original position.

hope this helps.

kel

Melbourne, Vic

Simplest way UCS OB pick say existing line left side (Caution if line is 3d so is ucs) then UCS S myname go to layout ucs R myname Plan zoom etc all done. This way model stays in world viewport is new angle.

To jump in viewport to real world just Ucs R W but dont do PLAN, go back ucs r myname

I should have added that my routine simply twists/rotates the drawing, NOT the crosshairs.

And once finished, returns the drawing to its original position.