Resizing or scaling paper-space

I used one of my own dwt file templates, created my model, switched to paper from model at the left bottom of the document/drawing area and prepared my title block etc. Then I did the stupid thing :oops: of changing from paper to model by clicking on PAPER at the end of the status bar to make that active or my veiw-port/ title block boarder active. Then I real-time zoomed my model to fit the paper-space instead of inputting the proper commands to scale the paper-space to my model in a standard scale in the command line field. I forget the commands to do this as I prepare to print my paper-space or layouts. So I have a weird scale instead of a standard scale reduction that I have saved as a dwg file now and that I would enter in my title bock under Scale in my title block for printing. I want to resize my paper-space to full same as model-space then enter the scaling commands is my guess as what I need to do. I"m looking for those precise command lines that I have forgotten. Please excuse me if I miss labeled a term in my description as its been a while since I had used AutoCad 2002 last.

Edited by Redesigner
correcting some terms

Welcome to CADTutor Redesigner. :)

What you should have done, assuming that the Title Block was the correct size, was to either create, or resize (if there already was a viewport) which would be located within the appropriate area on your Sheet.

You should then double click inside the viewport to activate it.

Then read the following link to an excellent thread by ReMark, which deals with how to effectively set up and use paper space viewports.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?72972-Things-you-should-know-about-Viewports.

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks for the "plug" Dadgad.

Redesigner: This link, which also appears in the above referenced thread, outlines the various ways to apply a scale to a viewport. The method you describe (i.e. - at the command line via Zoom > Scale) was initially the only way viewports could be scaled until AutoDesk added some easier methods.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?72213-Viewports-and-Setting-Scale&highlight=viewports

Auto-Cad version 2000 and 2002 Resizing and scaling PAPER-SPACE (with no history lessons)

1) Choose your printing/paper drawing size.

2) Open Auto-Cad dwt. template.

3) Save as dwg.file extension with file name of what your going to call your model (drawing/sketch) e.g. Wall Bracket.dwg

4) Complete model in model-space.

5) Switch to Paper-space create View-port boarder ( I use a poly rectangle which is my paper/title block boundary).

6) Right mouse click at the end of any tool bar that is loaded/visually available on Auto-Cad desktop and Left mouse pick View-port in list that will appear.

7) Place View-port tool bar where you want by Left mouse clicking and hold end of the View-port Toolbar, move and release Left mouse button on target area of desktop.

8) Hover with mouse cursor over View-port toolbar buttons to get tool tip and pick Polygonal View-port.

9) Note instructions at bottom of drawing area in Command Line Field/menu.

10) Start your Left mouse picks/click (LMP) of the title block/boarder/boundary clockwise or counterclockwise until you click on the same spot you started with first (LMP) to complete the poly-rectangular shape which will be your title block/paper page boundary.Press enter to finalize and regenerate View-port.

11) Now double click in paper-space area to activate View-port, which will create a bold boundary line representing your View-port.

12) While View-port is activated look at View-port toolbar scale field with drop-down scale menu(downward arrow to right of scale window in View-port Toolbar.

13) Select scale while View-port is active from View-port Toolbar menu drop-down list by LMP.

14) De-activate Polygonal View-port you made on your title block boundary and your paper-space is now properly scaled. You can enter the scale in your title block scale heading which will be visible when paper-space is printed.

Note: These steps are a rough example for scaling. If you real-time zoomed in a View-port when activated the View-port Toolbar scale field/window will display what ever scale it is at that time in reference to your full scale model in model-space. e.g. 0.9867341 ( just under full scale and can be easily fixed by following the steps 5 to 14 without the View-port history lesson.) This weird scale was what I initially did to a recent drawing and had forgotten the keyboard commands which prompted me to ask this question about a week ago. I have created a full set of dwt. templates that are metric, imperial, horizontal, vertical with polygonal View ports and title block entities in letter and legal sizes for my home office printer that I purchased new for $50 dollars. I did this years ago in a collage class when Auto-Cad 2002 was released. The instructor at the time thought it wasn't cool because I wasn't following CSA or other drafting size standards but at the end of the day i can print drawings out at home at a fraction of the cost and if I want to I can select the accepted out the box drafting standard templates if needed. I just like saving lots of money. Which reminds me to finish adding a aftermarket CISS to my printer to bring down printing costs a lot further.

I'm not sure what the point of the above post is supposed to be but if you've solved your problem then all is right with the world.