Filtering specific objects from multiple objects

Dragoon

Greetings!

I'm new to the forum so my apologies if this type of thread has already been answered but I haven't been able to find a solution.

So the problem I've got:

I have block objects with attributes (96000 blocks) in a drawing. Each of these blocks has it's specific coordinates and the blocks are point based (points with additional attributes).

Now I've got another drawing from a collegue who did some analysis on the drawing and he sent me back a .dxf with blocks stating which of my origininal 96000 contain errors (3900 of them).

The "error" blocks are positioned on the exact same coordinates as the original blocks.

My question is how to make a filter which would select all of my original blocks that share the coordinates with these "error" blocks?

I've tried using FILTER command in AutoCAD (using Civil 3d 2015) but I haven't managed to do it.

In short, how to select only these 3900 from my original 96000 using the blocks he's sent me back?

Thanks in advance!

Are the "error" blocks a different block definition than the other 96000?

For example, if the 96000 blocks are named "PT", are the "error" blocks something else, like a block named "ERR"?

Greetings!

I'm new to the forum so my apologies if this type of thread has already been answered but I haven't been able to find a solution.

So the problem I've got:

I have block objects with attributes (96000 blocks) in a drawing. Each of these blocks has it's specific coordinates and the blocks are point based (points with additional attributes).

Now I've got another drawing from a collegue who did some analysis on the drawing and he sent me back a .dxf with blocks stating which of my origininal 96000 contain errors (3900 of them).

The "error" blocks are positioned on the exact same coordinates as the original blocks.

My question is how to make a filter which would select all of my original blocks that share the coordinates with these "error" blocks?

I've tried using FILTER command in AutoCAD (using Civil 3d 2015) but I haven't managed to do it.

In short, how to select only these 3900 from my original 96000 using the blocks he's sent me back?

Thanks in advance!

i assume the error blocks lost thier attributes? if so u can try "select all block with no attribute"

(ssget '((0 . "INSERT") (-4 . "<NOT") (66 . 1) (-4 . "NOT>")))

(just copy&paste in the commandline)

Not really. The "error" blocks he sent me back just contain info that the original block is not good. And regarding the "not good" part, the original blocks just contain an attribute that needs to be changed from one value to another. So none of the blocks really lost the attribute information. It's just wrong value for some attributes that needs to be changed.