Breaking TEXT by crossing Line

bababarghi

Can anyone help me to split several text and Mtext objects based on a vertical polyline passing through them?

This is what I mean:

72119470901797096291.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have you thought through the various steps required to develop such a program?

If so, have you tried to develop a solution for any of the steps?

Can anyone help me to split several text and Mtext objects based on a vertical polyline passing through them?

This is what I mean:

72119470901797096291.jpg

If you are going to include mtext as well, it will be more difficult. What happens when the object is annotative? When the text has multiple lines, do you put the text on the next line by doing an enter, or just dragging the text box?

If you are going to include mtext as well, it will be more difficult. What happens when the object is annotative? When the text has multiple lines, do you put the text on the next line by doing an enter, or just dragging the text box?

Glad to see someone from Brissie here ! ;)

Forget about Mtext then. Assume all texts are Single Line texts for the sake of simplicity.

Have you thought through the various steps required to develop such a program?

If so, have you tried to develop a solution for any of the steps?

Hi Lee,

Apology for late reply.

I am thinking of tokenizing each line of texts and store strings of tokens in a list with their Position X value. And then using a conditional loop, I have to append the tokens who belong to the left hand side of the plines's X value and similarly do the same for the tokens which belong to the right hand side of the pline.

What do you think about this approach?

Sample.dwg