Problem drawing hidden lines

Hello,

I have a series of lines that I need to convert to hidden lines. Please let me give you the sequence that I used.

I typed ltype at the command line and when my Linetype Manager window came up I selected Load, then the hidden lines I wanted. I then went into Modify Properties, selected linetype, the hidden that I selected, and x'd out of it. The lines remained solid. I would appreciate someone telling me what I am missing. I am using Autocad 2000 if it at all matters.

Thank you,

Ahmad Davidoff

Are you using a metric or imperial template?

Are you using metric or imperial linetypes?

What linetype scale are you using?

I typed ltype at the command line and when my Linetype Manager window came up I selected Load, then the hidden lines I wanted.....

What File name was shown when you selected Load?

WhatFile.jpg

Could you answer eldon's question please?

If you could attach a copy of the drawing to your next post that might be more helpful.

Depending on the scale of the drawing you may need to change your LTSCALE. As ReMark stated, posting sample file will expedite this process tremendously. That way someone can put their eyes on the drawing.

Change the global linetype scale to a value of "1". Currently you have it set at 0.0025!

Can I make a suggestion? Try using different layers for the various parts of your drawing instead of drawing everything on layer "0" and then overriding the color and linetype features of the layer? It would make your life so much easier.

Yes I agree. Always create a Layer Standard and have them created with every drawing. Makes for much more efficient design.

Something simple such as this would be sufficient:

(defun S::STARTUP()
(setvar "cmdecho" 0)
(setq l_exist (tblsearch "layer" "New Layer"))
  (if (not l_exist)
     (command "._-layer" "N" "New Layer" "C" "5" "New Layer" "l" "hidden" "New Layer" "")
)
)

Then switch to that layer before proceeding to draw your elements. Or if objects drawn already use this simple code to change to specified hidden layer with properties:

(defun c:CTH ()
  (setq sel_set (ssget))
  (command "change" sel_set "" "p" "LAYER" "New Layer" "")
  (command "change" sel_set "" "p" "color" "bylayer" "")
(princ)
)

After checking out your drawing. Your LTscale is seems entirely too small. I tried 0.5 LTscale and it looked great.

Yikes, let me elaborate.. Ok sorry, I noticed your Global Scale Factor is 0.0025. This needs to be changed to 1.0000 first. Then select your object and change LTscale to 0.5. This will yield the result I got on my end.

Better yet create a template that has all the layers you'll find yourself needing and every time you start a new drawing use the template. You can also populate it with the text styles and dimension style you prefer as well as many other things (ex. - title block and border).