Trying to modify a LISP for multiple object selection outside of block

neeboy74

Hello to all:

I have some LISPS that will move single-selected entities to different layers in a drawing These objects are all inside of blocks.

I now need to have the functionality extended so I can select MULTIPLE OBJECTS

outside of blocks and move them to specified layers.

I have tried modifying the attached example file; the selection process works, but I am constantly getting "bad argument type: consp

I've attached the LISP; what am I doing wrong? The objects in question that need to be moved are all lines, other geometry, etc. I have tried reading about selection criteria for this operation, but it's over my head.

To_Layers.lsp

(defun c:tolayer  (/ doc ss sn)
 (setq doc (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
 (vla-endundomark doc)
 (vla-startundomark doc)
 (cond
   ((not (tblsearch "LAYER" "HILMOT-ARROWS"))
    (princ (strcat "\nLayer < HILMOT-ARROWS > is not found !")))
   ((and (princ "\nSelect object to move to layer < HILMOT-ARROWS >")
         (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "~VIEWPORT"))))
         )
    (while (setq sn (ssname ss 0))
      (entmod (append (entget sn) '((8 . "HILMOT-ARROWS"))))
      (ssdel sn ss))
    )
   )
 (vla-endundomark doc)
 (princ)
 ) (vl-load-com)

Thanks for the contribution, Tharwat, but I think your code is moving the whole block to the specified layer. I need to be able to move multiple-selected individual items INSIDE the block, not the whole block itself.

I just modified your attached codes a bit.

Is it okay with you to have a routine to move to layer just the picked object inside a block? is this what you are after?

I'm after the ones I select...and when I say select, I mean select with the normal "drag a window across" method. I'm trying to avoid picking each individual object, some of them are lines less than an inch long and that gets a little unnerving, trying to pick 20-30 reaaaaally small lines individually. I have to, on a very regular basis, modify 50-150 unique (of COURSE) block definitions. I'm trying to save time any way I can, and NOT having to open/close the block editor EVERY TIME is what I'm after.

I've got the "move-all" option already covered.

I'm after the ones I select...and when I say select, I mean select with the normal "drag a window across" method. I'm trying to avoid picking each individual object, some of them are lines less than an inch long and that gets a little unnerving, trying to pick 20-30 reaaaaally small lines individually. I have to, on a very regular basis, modify 50-150 unique (of COURSE) block definitions. I'm trying to save time any way I can, and NOT having to open/close the block editor EVERY TIME is what I'm after.

I've got the "move-all" option already covered.

Unfortunately - the SSGET function cannot do a multiple select within a block, unless you are in the refedit environment. The only way I know of is using (nentsel) which is a single selection only. If someone else here knows another way - great, but I don't think what your asking is possible with VL.

As an alternative approach: are there common layers or linetypes (or any other common property) that can be searched for in these blocks? IF that is the case you could make a lisp to search for these within the block definition and make the changes.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of, no real solution....I am currently working on LISPS that will automate almost everything, but I was thinking about just in case "everything" isn't an ultimately-attainable solution. Thanks for your reply!