Wonderful Lee Mac lisp in need of tweaking :fishing:

Dadgad

:fishing: I have used a lisp which Lee Mac wrote and posted here a few years back, a lot, it lives in my startup folder. It extracts the Block Name from a selected object in Modelspace, and creates an Mtext of the block name in Paperspace. I have used it for years when annotating Erection Drawings, and absolutely love it. :)

Recently our company started using ProSteel (the Autocad based add on), and as our new detailing and drawing creation process has evolved, I now find myself missing the ease of Lee's wonderful lisp, as the composition of our Model has changed. Our Model is now a mixture of newly designed and modeled ProSteel entities, and our longtime Standard Items are Autocad 3D Solids which are Xrefed into the Model. One of these xrefs typically contains from 6 to 20 different items. In this way we do not need to recreate all of our standard dwgs every time we do a new job. ProSteel takes care of the bulk of the detailing work on the rest of the new parts.

What I need now, is basically the functionality of the Express Tool XLIST, incorporated into Lee's Block Name lisp, which would enable me to quickly label in Paperspace, as descibed above, the names of those Standard blocks which are now nested within an Xref.

BN.lsp

Edited by Dadgad

• 2 weeks later...

tombu, thanks, you were right, I am illisperate, but checking the code for XLIST, that is what is used. :beer:

I took a couple shots at it :playing: before inspecting the XLIST code, to no avail, but if workload permits tomorrow, and barring a solution, I will likely try again on the morrow, close to bedtime on the other side of the planet! :sleeping:

Apologies Dadgad, I must have missed this thread.

Are you able to post a small sample drawing (perhaps containing a single object) so that I may view the xdata attached to the object in question?

Lee

Lee, your apology is totally uncalled for, but thanks. :beer:

Not like I know anything about it, because clearly I don't, but I suspect you will find what you would in a normal Autocad drawing, plus a group entity which might be less forthcoming (as it was created in the ProSteel add on).

Here is a small bit of a dwg for your perusal, with a single xref comprised of numerous nested blocks, the individual block names of which, are those that I want to be able to extract and insert into paperspace to identify them, just like your BN lisp does so beautifully. There is a single ProSteel entity which I put in, the name (actually the group Position number) of which would be extracted with ProSteel, so it is a non-issue.

Drawing2.dwg

extracting nested block name with XLIST.JPG

Edited by Dadgad