Printing in real template

lulumara

How to print 8 ft drawings in autocad scale 1:1, I'm doing a drawing for a Client and I thought it's easy but need help in Printing 8 ft board template in real world of scale 1:1. I checked the sizes is up to size E 3'X4' only . Any suggestion I will happy if you can help Thanks.

You can plot real 1:1 divide the plot into sections by doing just that draw a section line so you can glue sheets back together, a long plot more than 8' is possible on some plotters with roll feed but obviously controlled by the width of the roll we have done one 5.5m long. Remember though if cut sheets there is a hard clip limit so you can not plot 4' maybe 3' 10". If its exactly 8' then maybe 3 sheets. There is some poster plot options but that is for say 20'x20'.

Just set your plot to 1:1 scale pick the size of the sheet "E" pick via window your now 3'x4' panel, repeat for left and right sides two sheets you can not do 8' unless you want 1/2 scale.

If you have roll feed then like Robdraw you need to set up a custom sheet size, it can be 3x8 less clip limits. (make the 8' a bit bigger) I am metric, pretty sure sizes are in inches say 36X100

I did tried last time what you said Rob, Print Setting in Model space and use Pdf, it shows 92"X92" which can covered only7-1/2 ft which ok because I checked the drawings it's only 74.5" only. and the Other one is 125" which I had to cut into two pdf drawings. Thanks alot.