Polyline end join style problem

sivapathasunderam

Dear anyone;

At the movement I could not remember why this happens...

Polyline Geometry

Start segment 0.500

End segment 0.500

Global width 0.500

why join this way.jpg

thanks

Siva

are the two lines the same width?

I'm thinking if you type in (fillet' date=' radius, 0) that might fix it[/quote']

thanks very much for your quick response.

Both polyline width are the same 0.500 & I have try (fillet, radius, 0) also no change

then I have try to attach the cad file with only the part postion of Polyline, file size became approx. 5MB

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Siva

Have you looked at the Misc. Properties under linetype generation? If you have them joined this may fix your issue.

Side question: Are they joined?

Do the both have zero for elevation (or same elevation, whichever)

I've seen this problem in my drawings and found it to be 2 or more vertices in very close proximity to one another. I was able to replicate this effect in a matter of seconds just now and when I measured the distance between the 2 points it was less than 0.000 units, just to give you an idea of how close they may be.

However, the rectangular middle grip was visible at the join point and it isn't in yours, so maybe it's another issue entirely.

If the line isn't made up too many points, select it and in the properties window under 'Geometry' click in the 'Current Vertex' area then use the arrows to cycle through each vertex, you may find 2 in one place. Alternatively, zoom in closely after selecting the line.

You could try breaking the line a small length from the point in both directions and reextending / joining to see if the problem persists.

Have you looked at the Misc. Properties under linetype generation? If you have them joined this may fix your issue.

Side question: Are they joined?

Do the both have zero for elevation (or same elevation, whichever)

thanks for your response

Send cad tutor1.jpg

I was able to reproduce the anomaly, and I would think that it is a bug in AutoCAD. I formed a polyline by joining an arc with a straight line with an arc, and the programme does not seem to be able to cope with certain angle differences between the elements when the polyline is given a width, and lead to the odd junction at times.

If it is important to have a wide line, I suggest that you try line-weights to give the effect.

JoinBug.PNG

I am sorry but my file was not saved as it was so easy to draw, and should take you no longer than 5 seconds (maybe a tiny bit longer) to draw it your self.

A thought struck me that the problem occurs when the line next to the arc is not nearly tangential to the arc. So if one inserts a short section of straight line after the arc before joining up with the line that is at approximately right angles to it, the visual junctions should be much improved.

Have a play, but I don't think there is an automatic way of doing this (yet).

JoinSolved.PNG

Nice job Eldon!!! That is very strange, I am surprised that this isn't fixed in autocad. Guess its not very common to have global width on arcs like that?