Convert whole drawing from Feets to Meters Lisp

pvsvprasad

Dear programmers,

I need one programmable Lisp for Feets to Meters Conversion Drawing. after conversion it should be showed with 2 digits only.

example: after converting 1 foot line to meters, its showing 0.3048, but i need as a 0.30 only (while checking by List command or exporting points).

So kindly provide any lisp program to solve this issue.

Thanking you,

Best regards.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pvsvprasad

• Dadgad

• satishrajdev

• halam

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would you bother? Did you make a mistake in the beginning that your Project country setting' was incorrect?. Solution: Use INSUNITS and xref your plans.. (keeping a short answer). Otherwise, loose a big amount of time converting to metric.. cheers hans from the Netherlands.. :)

You could use the -DWGUNITS command to go from imperial units to metric units and the scaling will be done automatically by AutoCAD. Note the use of the dash before the command. It is required. Pay close attention to what is being conveyed to you on the command line by AutoCAD.

Why would you bother? Did you make a mistake in the beginning that your Project country setting' was incorrect?. Solution: Use INSUNITS and xref your plans.. (keeping a short answer). Otherwise, loose a big amount of time converting to metric.. cheers hans from the Netherlands.. :)

Thank you for kind reply,

i need both Feets and Meters unit drawings. i dont know about xrefs. any lisp is available for this task?

Thank you,

Best regards.

You could use the -DWGUNITS command to go from imperial units to metric units and the scaling will be done automatically by AutoCAD. Note the use of the dash before the command. It is required. Pay close attention to what is being conveyed to you on the command line by AutoCAD.

Definitely the way to go.

I recommend expanding your commandline history to display about 8 or 10 lines, as it will make it much easier to follow all of the options which are being offered.

As ReMark says, pay close attention to the prompts and your responses, haste makes waste. :|

Dear sir,

your command is perfectly worked. but after data extraction shows negative values. how to fix this error.

Thank you,

Bestregads.

feets to meters negative value error.dwg

Negative values.at data Extraction.JPG

It sounds like what you really want to do is add ALTERNATE UNITS to your dimension style.

In that way your dimensions can be displayed in both units at the same time.

The dimension style shown in the screenshot is for a dwg which is done in mms, but which needs to also display Imperial dimensions.

alternate units dimension display.jpg

It sounds like what you really want to do is add ALTERNATE UNITS to your dimension style.

No sir, i need different file as a Meters units. with help of "-DWGUNITS" command it is solved. now my problem with negative values at data extraction. because originally those are positive values, why Data extraction Option Makes Negatives?

Thanking you,

Best regards.

There are many right click editing options available within the Data Extraction functionality.

When it first displays the information shown in your screenshot, explore the right click options, before passing over that page in the dialog.

There are many right click editing options available within the Data Extraction functionality.

When it first displays the information shown in your screenshot, explore the right click options, before passing over that page in the dialog.

kindly describe which options? not only data extraction problem. if i export this drawing to another software, same negative values showed. what is the solution for this issue?

Thanks.

This is not an error but a logical consequence of the direction of the line:

Start: (0,1.45,0)

End: (0,0,0)

Delta = End - Start = (0,-1.45,0)

Is seems unlikely that the -DWGUNITS command reverses the direction of lines. So the original file must have had the same issue. But I can't test this since BricsCAD does not have this command.

Dear Master,

Can You arrange a Lisp routine with reference to your Command for below routine steps?

-DWGUNITS command

then choose 6th option

then 2nd option(decimal)

then "2"

then Yes

then Yes

then Yes

then Yes

and set All Dimension styles to One dimension Style.

Thank you in Advance,

Best Regards.

Probably this :-

[b]([color="blue"]command [/color][color="magenta"]"-dwgunits"[/color] [color="seagreen"]6 2 4[/color] [color="magenta"]"_Y" "_Y"[/color])[/b]

Probably this :-

[b]([color=blue]command [/color][color=magenta]"-dwgunits"[/color] [color=seagreen]6 2 4[/color] [color=magenta]"_Y" "_Y"[/color])[/b]

Thank you for your kind reply.i think above code is not a lisp.and what about change all dimensions to one dimension style (my new dimension style name is "Meters")? please make a perfect lisp routine.

Thank you.

add 1 more command line

[b]([color="blue"]command[/color] [color="magenta"]"._-dimstyle" "_r" "Meters"[/color])[/b]

Please make a Lisp version, because every time copy and paste is not possible.

Thank you,

Best regards.

Dear sir,

thank you for sharing.

with help of your lisp not changed my existing dim styles to new dim style (i.e new dim style "Meters") and asking for "Yes" Options at command prompt. please check and modify.

Thankyou.

Ah. You are really after 'the perfect lisp' :) You still have to do somethings manual. You have to update dim. objects after you change the settings. Simply type 'all' to select them.