Question regarding getfiled

elimgo

Hi all,

I have small (but annoying) problem with getfiled.

I use lisp to draw polyline from txt file in my default project folder which is located in "X:\log\"

I used (getfiled "select file" "X:/log/" "npd" 8) in the lisp routine.

When the file dialog is opened, when i want to select the folder i want, it would just select the first folder in the file dialog window. So i when i double click on the folder that i want to open i always accidentaly opened the first folder.

The solution is to click on the folder i want, and then it would highlight the first folder (that blue highlight on the folder), and then i click again the folder i want so it's highlighted. But it's so slow, sometimes it's annoying when i need to work fast.

Is there a way so that whenever i click first on the folder i want, it would highlight it instead of the first folder?

I tried the 1,4,6,16,32,64 flag but it's still the same.

Help very appreciated

Much thanks :):)

Hi RLx,

both are great.

However what i want is as simple as this,

Let's say i want to get a file name of a txt in my document.

If i type like this:

(getfiled "select a txt file" "randomfilename" "txt" 8 )

The file dialog will open with My Documents folder list and "randomfilename.txt" highlighted in blue in "file name" box.

Then if i click the 3rd folder in my documents folder it will directly selected that folder (highlighted in blue).

This is the behaviour i want. However if i do this i can not select the default folder i want (it's not in my document).

But if i input the default folder that i want:

(getfiled "select a txt file" "X:/Log/" "txt" 8 )

The file dialog will open X:\Log\ folder, with blinking cursor in the file name box.

If i click on the third file/folder on the list, then the first file/folder will be selected (highlighted in blue).

So i need to click one more time on the file i want, and then double click it if it's a folder.

Problem is when i double click it i accidentally open the first folder instead of the folder i want.

I want the behaviour is the same with the way it handles (getfiled "select a txt file" "randomfilename" "txt" 8 ).

So whenever i click on the folder i want it will directly select that one.

Is it possible?

Or maybe is there a way to modify the http://www.lee-mac.com/directorydialog.html so it can select a file inside the folder too?

Thanks very much :):D

hi, nevermind.

i just realized i can type random file name into

(getfiled "select a txt file" "X:/Log/random.txt" "txt" 8 )

problem solved

:D:D

Ah , my favorite kind of problems , that solve themselves :-)

Gr. Rlx