Dynamic block with arrays

MastroLube

Hi everyone, hope this is the right section..

I want to create a special dynamic block with two dynamic parameters.

I need it to improve speed of drawing punch reinforcement.attachment.php?attachmentid=59300&cid=1&stc=1

This is how it looks like:

attachment.php?attachmentid=59299&cid=1&stc=1

So the distance of circle is variable and even the number of them.

Is it possible to create it?

Can you give me an advice?

2016-09-19 15_55_31-Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 - [Disegno1.dwg].png

punch.gif

Maybe a workaround could be make dimension of circles a variable and scale for each case everything in order to get the right distance between the center of the circles. After that change the dimension of the circle..

Edited by MastroLube

It might be helpful to post on actual .dwg.

ok, this is the block I've created.. punz.dwg

It's very simple but you can see the problem.. I'm not able to link distance between circle to arrays. The array generate the next circle at the distance I draw in the block.

attachment.php?attachmentid=59312&cid=1&stc=1

The goal is to have the distance between all the circle always the same.

Any advice?

punz.gif

Unfortunately variable arrays are not an option in dynamic blocks, If you have a limited number that you need to achieve then a stretch action and a number of visibility states may help you, but after about 10 items it starts to get long winded.

WOW! thank you guys!!! In your opinion is possible to do a little step over?

As you can see in this image you can have more than one row for a side of the pillar/wall

attachment.php?attachmentid=59318&cid=1&stc=1

My idea was to set the dimension of the side (for example the B dimension) and than set how many rows there are (3 rows for the right side).

Is it possible or I've to create a lisp that find the insert points of every row?

Thank for everything :))))

Dennis

2016-09-21 11_20_06-Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 - [C__Users_Dennis_AppData_Local_Microsoft_Windows_INe.png

It certainly looks possible, so long as you can break it down into simple logical rules, the only problem is it could take a while to get various parts working together and testing, for a one off job it wouldn't be worth the effort, if you eventually use it daily, the time spent would be paid back fairly quickly, but only you can judge that.

YOu could spend lots of time making a 1 2 3 block to me it would be quicker to do just that make 3 blocks a 1, a 2, a 3

Steven-g the car park stuff is pretty good lots of different examples.