Stuck in Paper Space Viewport

donaldo

I have double clicked in my Layout mode and cant zoom back to the outside of the page where my margin and titles are. Is there a way of getting back out of this without keeping pressing undo until I find when I originally did it only to lose loads of the work I did in between?

This has happened a couple of times and I normally just scrap the layout I'm working in and do another one.

Yes there are the model and layouts on the left and there was a paper space one in the middle which i pressed and got out of it. So I was in model in paper space and just needed to tab out of it? Ok great Thanks

Or that, durrrrrrr.
Well, the only reason I threw out PS is because VPMIN only works if the Viewport is Maximized (VPMAX), which isn't the same thing as being zoomed in far enough you don't see the VP boundary when you double click inside it, activating the VP. Typing PS I think works for both the change of space, and the maximized viewport. VPMIN only works for maximized viewport.

:)

Well, the only reason I threw out PS is because VPMIN only works if the Viewport is Maximized (VPMAX), which isn't the same thing as being zoomed in far enough you don't see the VP boundary when you double click inside it, activating the VP. Typing PS I think works for both the change of space, and the maximized viewport. VPMIN only works for maximized viewport.

:)

Very true. Had the blinders on. :\

In case anyone is interested (relevant enough)...

(defun c:VV (/)
 ;; model/paper space toggle
 ;; Alan J. Thompson, 2014.03.28
 (cond ((eq (getvar 'TILEMODE) 1) (setvar 'TILEMODE 0))
       ((eq (getvar 'CVPORT) 1) (command "_.mspace") (prompt "\nModelspace is active."))
       (t (command "_.pspace") (prompt "\nPaperspace is active."))
 )
 (princ)
)

(defun c:VX (/)
 ;; toggle between viewport maximized/minimized
 ;; if in model, will switch to paper, and activate vpmax
 ;; Alan J. Thompson, 2014.08.24
 (setvar 'TILEMODE 0)
 (if (zerop (getvar 'VPMAXIMIZEDSTATE))
   (vl-cmdf "_.vpmax")
   (or (eq (getvar 'CVPORT) 1) (vl-cmdf "_.vpmin"))
 )
 (princ)
)